1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 1:48 PM by asoldano

[JBoss 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT] Possible to switch to JBossWS Metro stack?

o.bergner

I'm currently porting a JEE6 based application from Glassfish v3 to JBoss 6.0 SNAPSHOT. Being originally developed on Glassfish my web services have been built for the Metro stack, while JBoss 6 is shipped with the JBossWS CXF stack.

Now the JBossWS documentation seems to imply that by using JBossWS a developer is free to switch between JBossWS native, JBossWS CXF and JBossWS Metro. Is this actually true fro JBoss 6? If so, what do I have to do to make it happen?

I'm asking since

(1) I have experienced subtle but significant differences between Metro and CXF and

(2) I would like to retain the ability to deploy my application to both JBoss and Glassfish.

Many thanks for your help,

Olaf

• 1. Re: [JBoss 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT] Possible to switch to JBossWS Metro stack?
          asoldano

I'm currently porting a JEE6 based application from Glassfish v3 to JBoss 6.0 SNAPSHOT. Being originally developed on Glassfish my web services have been built for the Metro stack, while JBoss 6 is shipped with the JBossWS CXF stack.

Now the JBossWS documentation seems to imply that by using JBossWS a developer is free to switch between JBossWS native, JBossWS CXF and JBossWS Metro. Is this actually true fro JBoss 6? If so, what do I have to do to make it happen?

Yes, you can deploy the jbossws-metro stack on the application server if you want to. Given you're using the current trunk, also checkout jbossws-metro trunk, install it (see http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-BuildingFromSource ) and you should be ok.

Generally speaking, the jbossws releases come in 3 different flavours (cxf, native and metro stacks). Installing one of them replace the stack currently available on the target application server.