2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 10:51 AM by mpgong

AOP Instrumentor failed to transform

mpgong

Hello

I'm in the process of upgrading from JBoss AS 5.0 to 5.1 and previously our app was working fine, but after getting things to start up properly, we get the following error and i'm not sure why it is happening.  This didn't happen before in 5.0.

Does anyone know why it would not be able to find the org.jboss.aop.Advised?

Thanks

ERROR [org.jboss.aop.instrument.Instrumentor] (pool-12-thread-13) [warn] AOP Instrumentor failed to transform org.nfunk.jep.function.Modulus
      javassist.NotFoundException: org.jboss.aop.Advised
          at javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:436)
          at org.jboss.aop.classpool.BaseClassPool.get(BaseClassPool.java:112)
          at org.jboss.aop.instrument.Instrumentor.forName(Instrumentor.java:889)
          at org.jboss.aop.instrument.Instrumentor.isAdvised(Instrumentor.java:166)
          at org.jboss.aop.instrument.Instrumentor.shouldNotTransform(Instrumentor.java:717)
          at org.jboss.aop.instrument.Instrumentor.transform(Instrumentor.java:734)
          at org.jboss.aop.instrument.GeneratedAdvisorInstrumentor.transform(GeneratedAdvisorInstrumentor.java:119)
          at org.jboss.aop.SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy.instrumentClass(SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy.java:202)
          at org.jboss.aop.SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy.translate(SuperClassesFirstWeavingStrategy.java:69)
          at org.jboss.aop.AspectManager.translate(AspectManager.java:1071)
          at org.jboss.aop.AspectManager.transform(AspectManager.java:1015)
          at org.jboss.aop.standalone.AOPTransformer.aspectTransform(AOPTransformer.java:87)
          at org.jboss.aop.standalone.AOPTransformer.transform(AOPTransformer.java:75)
          at sun.instrument.TransformerManager.transform(TransformerManager.java:169)
          at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.transform(InstrumentationImpl.java:365)

• 1. Re: AOP Instrumentor failed to transform
          flavia.rainone

This error is unexpected.

Take a look at the JBoss AOP jars and check whether they are placed correctly. If they are, I think reinstalling JBoss AOP in the new server (an instalation script is included in the release) is worth a shot.

• 2. Re: AOP Instrumentor failed to transform
            mpgong

Thanks for the reply.

I was using JBoss AOP that comes with the AS.  I didn't install AOP in the AS if that makes sense.  So i think the jars should be in the correct spots.

We decided to forgo upgrading to 5.1 and instead wait for the GA version of 6.