3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 5:58 AM by devone

Memory leak in webapp ?

newbeewan

Hi,

My configuration is JSF 1.2/Facelet/RichFaces/JBPM4.4 (it was the same with 4.3)/Spring 3

I'm trying to use the new tool deliver by tomcat to find leak particularly in classloader and it find some.

I have lot's of PermGen problems, every time I reloading my app, permgen and memory usage are increasing, and after 4 or 5 webapp deployement, the server crash with a OutOfMemoryException in the permGen...

I increase the permGen to 350Mb which very big and it only permit 1 or 2 more reload...

Is there any solution to help to unload more classes ?

I have created an application listener to close the processEngine at the end of the webApplicationContext and stop the dispatcher thread, it permit to reload the app, but there are always some permgen leaks !

Regards

• 1. Re: Memory leak in webapp ?
          swiderski.maciej

Have you tried it without jbpm? I am not sure that jBPM is the cause of this problem. I have seen this many times for regular web applications.

• 2. Re: Memory leak in webapp ?
            newbeewan

Hi,

I'm inquiring on that subject...

I eliminate lot's of library including JBpm and now I'm suspecting CGLib to be the cause of that classloader leak...

But for the moment, I can't eliminate it completely, it is used to weave some aspects on concrete classes...

Regards

• 3. Re: Memory leak in webapp ?
              devone

Hi,
              are you using Sun JVM?  I suggest you to try to execute the same application with  jrockit 1.6, if you continue to get the same error instal Jrockit mission control, is a powerful tool to analyze memory leak with Jrockit JVM.

Devone