2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2010 6:16 PM by topiltzin

UI forms in Struts 2

bephinney

In our application the UI is built with Struts 2. We will not be using JSF or Seam. How best can we integrate our UI Task forms with JBPM?

In the Advanced tab of the Task dialog, there is an option to generate a form. This creates an xhtml doc ready for JSF. Also a form.xml is created mapping a task to the form page.

Is there a mechanism that I can use to leverage the form.xml but instead reference a struts action, mapping or page. Also is there a way to tie my form parameters back to the task variables?

Thanks for the help.

• 1. Re: UI forms in Struts 2
          kukeltje

"bephinney" wrote:
          In our application the UI is built with Struts 2. We will not be using JSF or Seam. How best can we integrate our UI Task forms with JBPM?{/quote]

By using the jBPM API (look at the current webconsole on how to do that)

"bephinney" wrote:
          In the Advanced tab of the Task dialog, there is an option to generate a form. This creates an xhtml doc ready for JSF. Also a form.xml is created mapping a task to the form page.

Is there a mechanism that I can use to leverage the form.xml but instead reference a struts action, mapping or page. Also is there a way to tie my form parameters back to the task variables?

Yes, by implementing something in your framework that is identical to what the webconsole does.

"bephinney" wrote:
          Thanks for the help.

Probably not the answers you wanted, but this is as detailed as I can get without spending to much time on it

• 2. Re: UI forms in Struts 2

Bryon

Did you achive it? I mean create UI forms with Struts 2???

If so, how do you did it? Do you have some example?

Thanks in advance.