10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 9:18 PM by rebody

Announcing jBPM 4.4

aguizar

We are down to 9 unresolved issues left before releasing 4.4. Given the current progress, it should be possible to release jBPM 4.4 on June 4th; the date is of course tentative and subject to change. Right now the only blocker issue is JBPM-2872: fix hudson db job. All others are deferrable if not completed on time.

If you feel like there is an issue that should not be left out, the time to bring it up is now. Visit the developers forum if you want to do so.

• 1. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
          dr_pompeii

Hello Alejandro

Very happy about this new, is nice to know that jBPM would be still available for the community.

Tell me, about the GPD would be completed too in jBPM 4.4 release?

Best Regards

-Manuel

• 2. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
            aguizar

Manuel, the GPD is a rather independent project, but we'll include the latest available snapshot. I'll ask Koen to give us more details.

• 3. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
              dr_pompeii

Hola Alejandro

Thanks for the reply

Manuel, the GPD is a rather independent project, but we'll include the latest available snapshot. I'll ask Koen to give us more details.

OK, I will waiting his reply

Thanks to all for your effort in keep living jBPM and GPD projects

-Manuel

• 4. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                unsavory

JBPM-2710 is a critical bug for us and we were really hoping it would be fixed in jBPM 4.4.  We rely on Spring in our application and are still stuck on jBPM 4.1 because of this issue.

Could we please please get JBPM-2710 fixed for jBPM 4.4?

• 5. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                  rebody

Hi Caine,

Actually, this issue is caused by jbpm4 search springContext before processEngine's internal IoC container.   Maybe we could put SpringContext to the bottom the context search chain.  I think I could create a patch for this.  Any advice will be appreciately.  Thank you.

• 6. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                    unsavory

Hi HuiSheng,

It seems that there has been a workaround developed for this exact issue.  Perhaps you have seen it before.  It is located here:  http://diversit.eu/2010/01/10/jbpm-4-3-with-spring/

Why this was never incorporated as a patch instead of creating some side project is beside me.  But I would love to see something like this make it into jBPM 4.4 so that we could upgrade our production environment.

• 7. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                      rebody

Hi guys.

I attached a patch for https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-2710.  If there is no objection, I will commit it to the svn repo.  Thank you very much.

• 8. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                        unsavory

Thank you SO much HuiSheng!  I really appreciate it.  We have been chomping at the bit to upgrade to jBPM 4.4 to bring closure to some other issues we are having that have been fixed in 4.4.  You're a life-saver.

• 9. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                          unsavory

Hi HuiSheng,

Did you by chance get this fix committed into the 4.4 repository?  Can you confirm this fix will make it into the jBPM 4.4 release?

Thanks much!

• 10. Re: Announcing jBPM 4.4
                            rebody

Hi  Caine,

I have already commited it to trunk.  Just waiting Alejandro release jBPM-4.4.