2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 8:40 AM by cfry

Site available before fully loaded

cfry

When I roll out a change and restart JBOSS the server is available before it is fully loaded.  If a user tries to get in before it's up it causes errors and major problems.  My only recourse so far is to restart the server very early in the morning or on a weekend.  I need to find a way I can restart the server and not worry about someone hitting it before it's fully loaded.  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Site available before fully loaded
          jeremiahshirk

If your application is suitable for clustering and/or load balancing, then you can avoid missing resource issues during restarts by running multiple AS nodes, and restarting them one at a time.

I've typically used Apache with mod_jk for this, but I believe the current recommended solution is mod_cluster.

http://www.jboss.org/mod_cluster

In particular:

In mod_cluster, each server forwards any web application context lifecycle events (e.g. web-app deploy/undeploy) to the proxy informing it to start/stop routing requests for a given context to that server.

Hope that helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Site available before fully loaded
            cfry

So is there a way to control the load order so the site doesn't come up until everything else is loaded?