3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2010 8:50 AM by maxandersen

why why why, hibernate ddl exporters won't work?

elhanan

hi..

it's been like this for ages, but everytime i try to export a ddl with hibernate configuration the exporter never stops working, it's just sits there, i never get any file output no console output nothing.

• 1. Re: why why why, hibernate ddl exporters won't work?
          dgolovin

Do you have any exceptions reported in Error Log view?

What is your version of JBoss Tools?

Some info about your project would also help to replicate and hunt the problem.

• 2. Re: why why why, hibernate ddl exporters won't work?
            elhanan

there are no exceptions, none, i've also stepped through the code, and it seems to running the whole process, only the debug windows still shows the launch.

also if i've specifed a console output, i see no console output, but if i launch eclipse application from plug-in development and specify console output there, i see the output in the console of the eclipse devlopment (meaning the one launched the eclipse application for testing.

my version 3.1.0 GA..

i also so don't see the difference between schema export action and the hibernate launch config.

• 3. Re: why why why, hibernate ddl exporters won't work?
              maxandersen

Which database are you using ?

if oracle, please ensure that you got hibernate.default_schema set to your username with the right casing.

i.e. hibernate.default_schema ELHANAN

Otherwise the reverse engineering will be running forever.

For exporters then it could more be an issue of the database actually responding ?

Again, need to know which db we are talking here ?