4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2010 9:20 AM by ksrikanth11

WSRP portlet development As Generic way

Hi,
      This is Srikanth , newbie to JBoss portal framework.

I have to configure a WSRP portlet to the portal.I got the guidelines from the documentation provided by jboss portal and configured it successfully.

I've a doubt whether it is possible to develop a simple portlet and including the WSRP related code inside it(i.e inside the doView, and doEdit).I think it is possible, but want to know which service i need to use. just i walked through the code and found there is some MBean service defined for the WSRPConsumerImpl, but the same is not available in the release version.

for example:
      All the wsrp related configurations will be kept inside the portlet.xml as preferences. we include the portlet conntext also in this.

I require a WSRPGenericPortlet which can be extended by the developer in future and in the init we will initialize the WSRP related configurations. in the doView(), doEdit().. we will pass the respective request to the service provider.

public class WSRPGenericPortlet extends GenericPortlet{

init(){

initialize the Endipoint & Registration;
      }

doView(){
      call the doview related service
      }

doEdit(){
      call the doEdit related service
      }

---
      }

by using the above the end developer can write portlet as following

public class SampleWSRPportlet extends WSRPGenericPortlet{

}

provides the configurations in the portlet.xml

Note: I don't require the postions and themes to be maintained by service provider.

Kindly Help me on this.

• 1. Re: WSRP portlet development As Generic way

Kindly Let me know some comments on this, whether it is possible or not.

• 2. Re: WSRP portlet development As Generic way

"ksrikanth11" wrote:
            Kindly Let me know some comments on this, whether it is possible or not.

I am thinking that it is better controlled by the end user if we develop the WSRP in the above mentioned way.

• 3. Re: WSRP portlet development As Generic way
              claprun

Hi Srikanth,

I am afraid I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. Could you please detail your use case?

Note also that no further development is being made on JBoss Portal on the community side. Why are you using JBoss Portal 2.6 instead of GateIn?

• 4. Re: WSRP portlet development As Generic way

Hi Chris,

Thanks alot for your reply.

This project we started a year before, now client will not accept for the migration.

my actual requirement,

The admin user should be able to choose the positions of the portlets.

Other than Wsrp portlet we are able to handle the portlet possitions in the screen using xml and some times using the custmized admin UI.

but the wsrp is making problem in maintaining position and the style(renderer).

We have two types of handlers, according to the requirement we need to choose the handler and place them on the portal.

We don't reuire the renderer and markup, is it possible to handle the content alone from WSRP.