5 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2010 6:55 AM by newbeewan2

Strange Exception

newbeewan2

Hi,

I'm trying to use an assignement handler and I have a strange exception :

2010-05-07 11:07:16,113 [INFO ] org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.DefaultCommandService  - exception while executing command org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.StartProcessInstanceCmd@48da5bc0
      java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "java.vm.version"
          at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
          at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:438)
          at java.lang.Long.valueOf(Long.java:535)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.repository.RepositorySessionImpl.validateRepositoryCache(RepositorySessionImpl.java:208)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.repository.RepositorySessionImpl.findProcessDefinitionById(RepositorySessionImpl.java:177)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.StartProcessInstanceCmd.execute(StartProcessInstanceCmd.java:53)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.StartProcessInstanceCmd.execute(StartProcessInstanceCmd.java:37)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.DefaultCommandService.execute(DefaultCommandService.java:42)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.SpringCommandCallback.doInTransaction(SpringCommandCallback.java:45)
          at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:130)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:55)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.EnvironmentInterceptor.executeInNewEnvironment(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:53)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.EnvironmentInterceptor.execute(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:40)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.RetryInterceptor.execute(RetryInterceptor.java:55)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.ExecutionServiceImpl.startProcessInstanceById(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:50)

It happen when I'm starting a process by Id but it works well when starting process by key. It may be a bug !

I'm using jbpm 4.3 with spring.

Regards

• 1. Re: Strange Exception
          rebody

Hi C. Mourad Jaber,

Could you create a testcase for this problem?   If you could provide a testcase to reproduce it.  It will be much easier for us to find out what caused the problem.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Strange Exception
            newbeewan2

Ok,

It happen for every single process i deploy...

My configuration is JBPM4.3, Spring 3.0.2 using the SpringHelper.

Here I put an archive with a simple deployement test using HSQLDB.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong

Regards

• 3. Re: Strange Exception
              rebody

Hi C. Mourad Jaber,

If you want to deploy process definition from inputStream.  You have to set a name for this InputStream.  And this name must end with ".jpdl.xml".  So jBPM 4 could know how to deploy it.

Your problem is the name did not end with '.jpdl.xml'.  So jBPM 4 did not know how to deploy it.  And just store inputStream as a plain blob.

But the error information of jBPM4 is strange.  We should review it and let it report the correct information.

PS: I change spring from 3.0.2.RELEASE to 2.5.6.SEC01.  Then the error information change to

org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: no process definition with key 'simple'

It seems that spring 3 make different behaviours.  Is it the bug of spring 3?

• 4. Re: Strange Exception
                rebody

Hi C.Mourad Jaber,

I create a issue for this problem.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2859

• 5. Re: Strange Exception
                  newbeewan2

Thanks for th jira report !

Changing simplejpdl to simple.jpdl.xml solve partially the issue !

Search by key works but search by ID, but as the deployement id is "simple-1" and not "SuperSimple" (my fault !).

I've got the previous described exception in place of an explicit exception tell that this ID doesn't exist !

Regards