0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 6:40 AM by chrisheup

JBoss + SPECjEnterprise2010 (or how to patch hibernate)

chrisheup

Hello together,

I am currently trying to deploy the SPECjEnterprise2010 Benchmark on an JBoss Application-Server and I'm facing some Problems for which I hoped I could get a push in the right direction to solve them here (I should probably notice, that I opened the thread in this section because I indeed am a beginner when it comes to JBoss, SPEC and even EJB, maybe it would be better placed in the "deployment section" or in a hibernate-forum - as you will see).

I have tried to deploy it on the server versions 5.0.1, 5.1.0 and 6-M2, but with all of them I am facing deployment problems caused by hibernate errors.

A readme-file attached to SPEC then pointed out, that there will be deployment problems with JBoss and that a patch of hibernate would be necessary.

I have downloaded the hibernate sources, i have used the provided patches for this issue (Patch-Nr. is HHH-4552)  to change the necessary files. Now my problem is, that I don't really know how to apply this patch to the used JBoss Application-Server since I find myself unable to reproduce the structure I find in the thirdparty-folder and even cannot find some of the patched files in one of the hibernate jars which are used there.

So my questions are to the point:

1) Has anyone accomplished to successfully deploy SPECjEnterprise2010 on a JBoss Application-Server and could give me a hint on what to do here?

2) Can someone please tell me how to use the patch correctly in order to not only alter the hibernate-sources, but to also integrate them in the AS?

3) Am I at the right place for these questions here?

Thanks a lot for any answers in advance!!,

Chris