4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 3:57 AM by jfclere

JBOSS Web has JBOSS AS ???

Hello Everybody i read the documentation of the JBOSS WEB and i don't understand that this product have the JBOSS AS integrated with the apache and the tomcat product, i think it is but im no quite sure about this, sombody can help me with that?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: JBOSS Web has JBOSS AS ???
          peterj

JBoss Web is a variation of Tomcat and is thus mainly a servlet contains (handles web applicartions).

JBoss AS is a full-featured Java EE application server that includes, among many other things, a stripped-down version of JBoss Web to handle web applications (JSPs, servlets, etc).

JBoss AS comes with a number of prebuilt configurgations, one of which is named 'web' and provides a servlet container (the stripped-down JBoss Web) and JCA (for example, datasources for database eccess). Note that this configuration does not implement the full Java EE spec.

• 2. Re: JBOSS Web has JBOSS AS ???

Thanks for the information i have anothe question, the WAR aplications that are built with jsp files, where are the best place tu run under the TOMCAT or the JBOSS AP ???  o you need to use both.

Thank you very much

• 3. Re: JBOSS Web has JBOSS AS ???
              peterj

You can run WARs under Tomcat, JBoss Web or JBoss AS. I usually run them in the 'web' configuration in JBoss AS.

• 4. Re: JBOSS Web has JBOSS AS ???
                jfclere

JBOSS Web 3.0.x uses a striped AS 6.0.x for servlet and jsp just put them in a war file and copy the war in server/default/deploy.

JBOSS Web 3.0.x already supports Servlet 3.0 and JSP 2.2.