3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 8:38 AM by koen.aers

jBPM 4.3 and Picketlink

hauch

I have tried to use IDM/Picketlink with jBPM 4.3 (on GateIn).

When I change the configuration in jbpm.cfg.xml

from

<import resource="jbpm.identity.cfg.xml" />

to

<import resource="jbpm.jboss.idm.cfg.xml" />

(as described in:  http://community.jboss.org/message/399661#399661)

I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/identity/idm/api/IdentitySessionFactory.

I guess the reason is that jBPM uses an older version of IDM (with packages starting with org.jboss) than GateIn (using 1.1.0GA - packages start with org.picketlink).

The linking to IdentitySessionFactory takes place in JBossIdmIdentitySessionFactoryDescriptor.

And now to my questions:

Do you agree that this is the error?

If yes: Are there plans to base jBPM4.x on Picketlink in a newer release? Is there anything I could do to make it work in the current version (4.3)?

• 1. Re: jBPM 4.3 and Picketlink
          rebody

Hi Morten,

I am not familiar with IDM, but the IDM integration work is not a main part of jBPM4.  So I think you could implement your own descriptor and plugin into jBPM4.  You could reference the existing component.

• 2. Re: jBPM 4.3 and Picketlink
            hauch

Would this be of any relevance to others/future releases?

In other words: If I success, should I contribute an implementation based on PicketLink back to the community?

If yes I might need some guidelines...

• 3. Re: jBPM 4.3 and Picketlink
              koen.aers

Hi Morten,

Every helping hand is welcome. I think it is definitely worth it to try and integrate with Picketlink and contribute it back. I think Alejandro is planning on coordinating future 4.x releases so we'll need his input on this for jBPM 4. In the meantime the discussions regarding jBPM 5 have started on our development mailing list (jbpm-dev@lists.jboss.org). It would be good if you participate in that discussion to make sure this effort will also enhance the next generation of jBPM.

Cheers,

Koen