4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2010 2:28 PM by swiderski.maciej

jBPM 4.3 conflict with hibernate3.jar, j2ee.jar

rhodos

Hi,

I am trying to run jBOSS jBPM 4.3 from the console using Java 1.6, HSQLDB, and it works when only the jBPM jars are in my classpath.  The problem is that I need to have hibernate3.jar (from jBPM 3 distribution) in my classpath for other applications, but including it has thrown:

org.jbpm.pvm.internal.wire.WireException: circular dependency for org.hibernate.SessionFactory

and

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.LockMode.parse(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/hibernate/LockMode

I am having a similar problem with j2ee.jar, which causes:

17:55:01,377 INF | [Parser] couldn't set schema language property
           org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Property: http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage
               at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.setProperty(XMLReaderImpl.java:266)
               at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(SAXParserImpl.java:183)

Can anyone verify whether the contents of hibernate3.jar are included in the hibernate jars in the jBPM 4.3 distribution?  And does anyone have suggestions for j2ee.jar?  I noticed a jboss_j2ee.jar in the jbpm4.3/lib, but this seems to contain much less than j2ee.jar..

Thanks in advance,

Rachel

• 1. Re: jBPM 4.3 conflict with hibernate3.jar, j2ee.jar
          rebody

Hi Rachel,

It looks like there are multiple hibernate.jar in your classpath. I sugguest you to make sure there is unique version of hibernate are using.

• 2. Re: jBPM 4.3 conflict with hibernate3.jar, j2ee.jar
            swiderski.maciej

HI,

in my opinion, hibernate that is shiped with jBPM 4.3 should be good enough and you should not mix libs from jBPM 3 with 4.3.

If it comes to j2ee library, could you provide some more information about how you are going to execute your process?

By console, do you mean that you are executing from command line or BPM console?

If you will execute your process from a container (JBoss AS) j2ee lib will be available on runtime.

Cheers,

Maciej

• 3. Re: jBPM 4.3 conflict with hibernate3.jar, j2ee.jar
              rhodos

Maciej,

Regarding hibernate, I'm trying to determine whether applications that depended on hibernate3 would break using the new jars.  Is there a way to verify this without just trying to run them?

I meant that I am executing my program command line.  I don't plan on executing from a container.

Rachel

• 4. Re: jBPM 4.3 conflict with hibernate3.jar, j2ee.jar
                swiderski.maciej

As far as I know hibernate included in jbpm 4.3 is 3.x.x so it should be quite ok to use it instead of the one bundled in jBpm 3.x but the easiest would be to check hibernate docs about these two versions.

About j2ee.jar perhaps you don't need to include complete package of j2ee but only required parts of it (jta, ejb, etc) that can be found as separate jars as well.