5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2010 7:19 AM by marcel.de.koster

Jbpm 4 and ehcache

marcel.de.koster

Hi,

I'm wondering about enabling ehcache in jbpm4. I searched alot around the forum and the web, but did not find a satifying answer. If there is one please point me into that direction.

I see no <cache> tags inside the hibernate mappings files of jbpm4, so I'm wondering if it is even possible. I added all the hibernate configuration to enable it, but I feel like it is not used.

So what I did:

<property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class">net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.SingletonEhCacheProvider</property>

<property name="net.sf.ehcache.configurationResourceName">conf/ehcache.xml</property>
      <property name="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache">true</property>
      <property name="hibernate.cache.region_prefix">business-process</property>
      <property name="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache">true</property>
      <property name="hibernate.cache.use_minimal_puts">true</property>

If it is possible, can anyone provide a sample ehcache.xml?

Thanks in advance for any response.

• 1. Re: Jbpm 4 and ehcache
          marcel.de.koster

In some pages I found that following configuration can be added, but I can't find a resource for jbpm.pvm.cache.xml:

<hibernate-configuration>

<!-- other config -->
             <cache-configuration resource="jbpm.pvm.cache.xml" usage="nonstrict-read-write" />
          </hibernate-configuration>

Is there any example of the jbpm.pvm.cache.xml?

And from what version of jbpm4 is this available?

• 2. Re: Jbpm 4 and ehcache
            rebody

Hi Marcel,

At this moment, jBPM4 does not support ehcache configuration for hibernate. The configuration you have found is included by jBPM-4.0-Alpha2. It is removed by some reason(Maybe). There is a huge change from jBPM-4.0-alpha2 to jBPM-4.3, so I don't think it could be used in jBPM-4.3 directly.

The configuration for jBPM-4.0-alpha2 is in the attach, maybe you could let it be used in jBPM-4.3.

Best regards.

• 3. Re: Jbpm 4 and ehcache
              marcel.de.koster

Hi Huisheng,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I will look into what I can do with that file. jBPM indeed is pretty fast. But what I see in oracle is that the Get jobs query, done by the JobExecutor is done each 5 seconds. Not using ehcache or some other caching will result in executing this query every 5 seconds. It would be nice if the query was only executed when the cache is flushed by a new job being added, changed or deleted. In other cases it could be served from the cache.

If I find any kind of way of caching in jbpm I will post it here.

Regards,

Marcel

• 4. Re: Jbpm 4 and ehcache
                swiderski.maciej

Take a look at this post http://community.jboss.org/thread/150387

Maybe it can do help you a bit or at least be a starting point.

Cheers

Maciej

• 5. Re: Jbpm 4 and ehcache
                  marcel.de.koster

Hi Maciej,

I posted a reply on the other post http://community.jboss.org/thread/150387

Thanx for the link.

Best Regards,

Marcel