7 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2010 12:00 PM by ericford

jboss kb project validator

nimo22

I am using JBT 3.1 final and there are problems with the jboss kb project validator.

every second it starts to validate anything and does not stop the validation - it slows down all the working drastically!

Even when I go to cancelling the process, it does run furthermore and does not stop and runs over an half n hour.

The validator starts everytime after opening eclipse and validates also files which were not changed before.

(The validator slows down EVERYTHING !  it goes nearly to a heap space of approx. 500 MB on a 2GB RAM Machine)

Where can I switch the validator off? Is it enough to unmark the build.xml called KB-Builder

I

Thought, I would be better to trigger the validation manually instead of automatically every second after saving a file. The validator is really tedious.

• 1. Re: jboss kb project validator
          dgolovin

KB means "Knowledge Base". KB Builder gathers all what it can in your sources and builds the so called "model" which is used during validation and in content assist. Builder seems to have performance and memory consumption issues, that we'll take care of in next version.

Validation is incremental AFAIK, but some times it is required to validate not only changed files but other related files. For example changing bean id in faces config xml file should trigger validation for jsp\xhtml files.

Yo can disable validation in Preferences Dialog (Window->Preferences Validation category) for all projects or in properties for particular project.

• 2. Re: jboss kb project validator
            mareshkau

I have noticed such behaviour previously for some seam project, but in last version of studia it has been fixed. Looks like not fully.

Nino, could you open a jira for it and attach a project or some part of hime. It allow easy reproduce a problem for US.

• 3. Re: jboss kb project validator
              nimo22

thanks! I disabled the KB Validator and now I can work normal.

My Project is a common EAR-Project with

- Seam (version 2.1),

- Jboss AS 4.2,

- Facelets (JSF 1.2)

- JBT 3.1 integrated in Eclipse 3.5

I created the EAR-Project with Seam-Gen and there is nothing special in it.

The fact is, that with my previous JBT 3.0 no such problems occured.

After upgrading to JBT 3.1, KB-Validator makes troubles.

{quote} I have noticed such behaviour previously for some seam project, but in  last version of studia it has been fixed{quote}

Well, in the next time, I will upgrade to Jboss 6 and Seam 2.2 and activate the validator again to see if this was the cause.

• 4. Re: jboss kb project validator
                akazakov

Nimo,

1) you worked on the project in Eclipse 3.4/JBT 3.0 (created via "seam create-project" command) and then iported it to Eclipse 3.5/JBT 3.1, correct?

2) Could you try to create a new project and import it in JBT 3.1. using seam-gen (seam create-project). Can you reproduce the issue for such project?

• 5. Re: jboss kb project validator
                  nimo22

hello,

{quote}you worked on the project in Eclipse 3.4/JBT 3.0 (created via "seam  create-project" command) and then iported it to Eclipse 3.5/JBT 3.1,  correct?{quote}

- Yes.

{quote}Could you try to create a new project and import it in JBT 3.1. using  seam-gen (seam create-project). Can you reproduce the issue for such  project?{quote}

I will do that in the next days and inform about the result.

• 6. Re: jboss kb project validator
                    nimo22

I created a new project with seam-gen under the seam 2.2.1 cr1.

I cannot reproduce the issue for this project!

• 7. Re: jboss kb project validator
                      ericford

Thanks for the tip for disabling the validator.  I've been experiencing the same problems (slow, unending scanning) however I am not using Seam at all.  My project was originally deployed onto JBoss 4.2 and is now being upgraded to run on 5.1.