3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 9:24 PM by rebody

Trouble parsing jbpm.cfg.xml

rhodos

Hi,

I'm trying to run jBOSS jBPM 4.3 with the default configuration and am getting the error shown below.  It seems to have trouble with jbpm.cfg.xml; but I can't tell if the file is in the wrong place, or if something else is wrong.

log4j:WARN No appenders found for logger (org.jbpm.test.BaseJbpmTestCase).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationParser.<init>(ConfigurationParser.java:46)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationParser.<clinit>(ConfigurationParser.java:49)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.parse(ConfigurationImpl.java:139)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.setResource(ConfigurationImpl.java:118)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.setResource(ConfigurationImpl.java:52)
          at org.jbpm.api.Configuration.setResource(Configuration.java:74)
          at org.jbpm.api.Configuration.getProcessEngine(Configuration.java:121)
          at org.jbpm.test.JbpmTestCase.initialize(JbpmTestCase.java:83)
          at org.jbpm.test.JbpmTestCase.setUp(JbpmTestCase.java:78)
          at jpl.mipl.pgs.test.ConcurrencyTest.setUp(ConcurrencyTest.java:21)
          at jpl.mipl.pgs.test.ConcurrencyTest.main(ConcurrencyTest.java:57)
      Caused by: org.jbpm.api.JbpmException:
        error: couldn't parse xml document : org.apache.crimson.tree.DomEx: NAMESPACE_ERR: Attempt to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.ProblemList.getJbpmException(ProblemList.java:175)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.ProblemList.getJbpmException(ProblemList.java:141)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.Parse.checkErrors(Parse.java:190)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.wire.xml.WireParser.<clinit>(WireParser.java:284)
          ... 11 more
      Caused by: org.jbpm.api.JbpmException
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.ProblemList.getJbpmException(ProblemList.java:171)
          ... 14 more
      Caused by: org.apache.crimson.tree.DomEx: NAMESPACE_ERR: Attempt to create or change an object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.
          at org.apache.crimson.tree.ElementNode2.checkArguments(ElementNode2.java:182)
          at org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument.createElementNS(XmlDocument.java:844)
          at org.apache.crimson.tree.DOMImplementationImpl.createDocument(DOMImplementationImpl.java:142)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.Parser.buildDom(Parser.java:442)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.Parser.execute(Parser.java:389)
          at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.xml.Parse.execute(Parse.java:158)
          ... 12 more

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

Rachel

• 1. Re: Trouble parsing jbpm.cfg.xml
          rebody

Hi Rachel,

I find there is 'crimson' literal in the stack trace. Maybe you are using a wrong XML Parser. Commonly we use xerces to parse jbpm.cfg.xml.

I suggest you to change XML parser from crimson to xerces, and try again.

cheers

• 2. Re: Trouble parsing jbpm.cfg.xml
            rhodos

Okay, thanks, I'll try that.  Could you tell me where the parser would be specified?

• 3. Re: Trouble parsing jbpm.cfg.xml
              rebody

Hi Rachel,

It is possible that you put crimson.jar in the classpath of system classpath or servlet container's classpath. You can look for crimson.jar in $JRE_HOME/lib/ext directory or servlet container's lib directory.