1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 11:16 AM by adrian.brock

AvailableConnectionCount keeps increasing

I am using JBoss JCA with IBM MQ Resource Adapter. The AvailableConnectionCount keeps increasing for every request for  a new connection from this ManagedConnectionFactory. After some time my AvailableConnectionCount is showing 400+ even though my MaxSize is set to 20 by default. Every request for new connection increases AvailableConnectionCount by 20. Any idea what might be going wrong here ??

Here are the details on the Environment.

JBoss Version : 4.0.2(build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_2 date=200505022023)

Webpshere MQ Resource Adapter Version : 1.5   j600-201 (RAR Version)

wmq.jmsra-ds.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connection-factories>
           <tx-connection-factory>
               <jndi-name>MYTESTQM01</jndi-name>
               <rar-name>wmq.jmsra.rar</rar-name>
                <connection-definition>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
               <!--<config-property name="channel"  type="java.lang.String">SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN</config-property>     -->
               <config-property name="hostName"  type="java.lang.String">47.185.32.231</config-property>
               <config-property name="port"  type="java.lang.String">1414</config-property>
               <config-property name="queueManager"  type="java.lang.String">MY_TEST_QM</config-property>
               <config-property name="transportType"  type="java.lang.String">CLIENT</config-property>
               <config-property name="username"  type="java.lang.String"></config-property>
               <config-property name="password"  type="java.lang.String"></config-property>
               <!--<config-property name="reconnectionRetryCount"  type="java.lang.String">3</config-property> -->
               <!--<config-property name="reconnectionRetryInterval"  type="java.lang.String">240000</config-property> -->
               <config-property name="maxConnections"  type="java.lang.String">2</config-property>
               <use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
                <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
               <idle-timeout-minutes>2</idle-timeout-minutes>
                <security-domain-and-application>JmsXARealm</security-domain-and-application>  
           </tx-connection-factory>
        • 1. Re: AvailableConnectionCount keeps increasing

Do you have the same problem with a version of JBoss that is not 5 years old?

Anyway, since you are pooling by security-domain (user/password) and application (e.g. queue/topic connection)

you will have seperate subpools for each with 20 connections available for each subpool.

e.g. 20 different users would produce 20 subpools = 400 available connections

A more modern version of JBoss would let you see these subpools and their stats on the JMX console.