4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 8:26 AM by trematodeo

Jpbm can create dynamic workflows?

Hello all,

I'm searching for a workflow framework for java. The main feature is the possibility to create a new subFlow in an existing flow when a flow unanticipated happens. This will modify the main flow only at this moment, for the others "entities" running on the flow this will not be visible. This feature need to be

available at run time. Can I do this with jbpm?
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Jpbm can create dynamic workflows?
          kukeltje

what do you mean by

This will modify the main flow only at this moment, for the others "entities" running on the flow this will not be visible.

Cheers,

Ronald

• 2. Re: Jpbm can create dynamic workflows?

The idea is to extend the main flow only for a one -or few - execution, all the subsequents executions will not see this new fork. Is a kind of temporary change. But this need to be loged in the system, that for a specifc flow some unexpected event occurred and was properly managed for the system.

For example if in a product flow a machine is broken, then the flow will be temporary changed, only for a few executions. I believe the option to jump or return steps in the main flow after finish the "temporary flow" also will be necessary.

Obs.: Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Jpbm can create dynamic workflows?
              kukeltje

why not start a new independent process, relate them by setting e.g. the id in a variable in the main process and vice versa, pause the main process and contiune it when the 'child' process finishes?

• 4. Re: Jpbm can create dynamic workflows?

Thanks for the answer Ronald.

I'm thinking about your suggestion. In this way always will be necessary a guy from IT to do this, isn't?