0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2010 1:12 PM by lbalensiefer

JBoss Messaging with a extremely active process executing SQL commands

Hi all,

I am using JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA, JBoss Messaging 1.4.4.GA and JBoss ESB. I  have the following situation, five SQL commands of JBoss Messaging are  running non-stop, making an average of 800 commands every 5 seconds. The  commands are:

INSERT_MESSAGE_REF=INSERT INTO JBM_MSG_REF (CHANNEL_ID, MESSAGE_ID,  TRANSACTION_ID, STATE, ORD, PAGE_ORD, DELIVERY_COUNT, SCHED_DELIVERY)  VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
      INSERT_MESSAGE=INSERT INTO JBM_MSG (MESSAGE_ID, RELIABLE, EXPIRATION,  TIMESTAMP, PRIORITY, TYPE, HEADERS, PAYLOAD) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,  ?, ?)
      UPDATE_ID_IN_CACHE=UPDATE JBM_ID_CACHE SET JBM_ID = ? WHERE NODE_ID = ?  AND CNTR = ?
      DELETE_MESSAGE=DELETE FROM JBM_MSG WHERE MESSAGE_ID = ? AND NOT EXISTS  (SELECT JBM_MSG_REF.MESSAGE_ID FROM JBM_MSG_REF WHERE  JBM_MSG_REF.MESSAGE_ID = ?)
      DELETE_MESSAGE_REF=DELETE FROM JBM_MSG_REF WHERE MESSAGE_ID=? AND  CHANNEL_ID=? AND STATE='C'

Running a profiler on the application, 428.156 occurrences were recorded  for each command in 140 minutes and 7736 messages were delivered. In  this profile, I saw that commands are executed from a  ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run.

This process is extremely active in Oracle and there is something wrong  with it, because even without traffic and no message, this high number  of commands are still executed.

I separated the datasources for each component and saw that the  datasource is used in mbean <mbean  code="org.jboss.messaging.core.jmx.JDBCPersistenceManagerService"  name="jboss.messaging:service=PersistenceManager"... at  oracle-persistence-service.xml.

Have someone an idea what could be causing this problem or if there is  any configuration that can stop this thread or even better, solve the  problem?

Thanks for answering,
      Lucas Balensiefer