3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2010 5:01 AM by swiderski.maciej

Is there no complete graphical editor for jPDL4?

Hello,

I’m just wondering if the behavior of my graphical jPDL editor is normal or a problem.

I’m using JBPM4.3 and eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2.

I have installed the jBoss Tools from http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/galileo/

When I create a jPDL3 file I have a lot more options and menus if I compare it with a jPDL4 file.

I also can only choose the jBPM jPDL 3 perspective in eclipse. Is there no perspective for jBPM4? The Details view for jPDL4 is there but like I said before in the properties view there are a lot more options by a jPDL3 file than by a jPDL4 file.

Is this normal?

Do I have to do a lot of the work in the xml source when I work with jPDL4 files?

Greetings

Sandro

• 1. Re: Is there no complete graphical editor for jPDL4?
          swiderski.maciej

Hi,

yes, I would say it is normal. Eclipse plugin for jBPM 4 is not so feature rich as for version 3 yet, I think it is still under development. In the meantime you need to work a bit more with xml source.

Cheers,

Maciej

• 2. Re: Is there no complete graphical editor for jPDL4?

Hello Maciej,

thanks for your reply.

I hoped that I did a mistake and there is a good graphical editor for jPDL4. But ok, I cant change that now. ;-)

Also the Signavio editor is not able to do anything… am I right? For example I wasn’t able to add event handlers to a task.

It seams that I really have to do a lot of work in the xml source.

I hope that there will released a full featured editor for jPDL4 soon.

Thanks

Sandro

• 3. Re: Is there no complete graphical editor for jPDL4?
              swiderski.maciej

Hi,

Signavio is a modeler so it is not intended to provide implementation details - at least in my opinion. Perhaps there will be new release that supports BPMN2 with upcoming release of jBPM 4.4 - based on some discussion on the forum. afaik 4.4 should come out around beginning of April.

Cheers,

Maciej