7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 11:10 AM by gaohoward

Problems with a client on  a JBoss AS 4.2.3 with Messaging 1.4.5 consuming messages from a JBoss AS 5.1 with Messaging 1.4.6

mzeijen

Hey Guys,

Before I explain the problem here is an overview of my Server setup:

Messaging consumer:

JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA

JBoss Messaging 1.4.5.GA

JBoss Remoting  2.2.3.SP1

Messaging server:

JBoss AS 5.1

JBoss Messaging 1.4.6.GA

JBoss Remoting 2.5.2.SP2

The JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA doesn't have messaging installed as a server. The application on that server only acts as a client. It tries to consume messages from a topic on the JBoss AS 5.1 server.

I am noticing strange behaviour and I am wondering if this because of the JBoss Remoting version mismatch. I am getting the following exception:

ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker] Error executing server oneway invocation request: InvocationRequest[2b3cfcf1, CALLBACK, InternalInvocation[31024864]]
      org.jboss.remoting.callback.HandleCallbackException: Unknow callback type: InvocationRequest[4e993077, ClientDelivery[JBossMessage[905916808996585492]:PERSISTENT]]
           at org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.CallbackManager.handleCallback(CallbackManager.java:125)
           at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.handleInternalInvocation(ServerInvoker.java:1483)
           at org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker.handleInternalInvocation(BisocketServerInvoker.java:648)
           at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:849)
           at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker$1.run(ServerInvoker.java:1901)
           at org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.DirectThreadPool.run(DirectThreadPool.java:63)
           at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.handleOnewayInvocation(ServerInvoker.java:1912)
           at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:832)
           at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:611)
           at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:409)
           at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:176)

Is it even possible to have this kind of client/server setup where a JBoss AS 4.2.3 uses the messaging from a JBoss AS 5.1?