2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 7:48 AM by jjk77

Getting InvocationType from org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.Invocation

Hi there,

i have tried to get the information if a method call was local or remote. In EJB2.x there was an InvocationType with this information. Is there a way to get the same information from a class implementing the org.jboss.aop.advice.Interceptor interface for EJB3.x?

best regards

Jens Krause

• 1. Re: Getting InvocationType from org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.Invocation
          jaikiran

Which version of JBoss AS? Can you explain a bit more about your usecase? Why do you want to know whether the client is remote or local?

• 2. Re: Getting InvocationType from org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.Invocation

We are using JBoss 4.3.0.GA.

The usecase is that we need to measure the time a method call takes with all interceptors attached und we also log this time to a logfile. I think the only reason we need to know if it is a local or remote call is that we could see it in the logfile . My supervisor said i should figure out if it is possible to get this information and i have tried a few things like to get a SessionContext in my Interceptor class to get the InvokedBusinessInterface, but this didn't work out, or to get my needed information from some metadata stored with the call ...