3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 4:45 PM by dmlloyd

Proxy Requirements

dmlloyd

I've created a requirements document atRequirements: Remote Invocation to encapsulate the requirements for EJB proxies (and, in a more general sense, remote invocation).  It's a work in progress; if you have a complaint or see issues, or have an idea for something to contribute, lay it on me now - sooner is better.

Please have a look; any initial comments should go to this thread but feel free to branch long discussions into new threads if you think it will take more than a post or two to resolve.

• 1. Re: Proxy Requirements
          wolfc

Serialization of a remote proxy can happen within any context. It could be because the proxy was dropped in an HttpSession, which can get serialized for any reason or it was injected into a far-away SFSB that's passivated.

I'm also missing bits for security and transaction propagation.

• 2. Re: Proxy Requirements
            dmlloyd

wolfc wrote:

Serialization of a remote proxy can happen within any context. It could be because the proxy was dropped in an HttpSession, which can get serialized for any reason or it was injected into a far-away SFSB that's passivated.

I think it's safe to assume that the context is generally always available from a yet-to-be-serialized proxy, one way or another.  I will update the document to this effect.

wolfc wrote:

I'm also missing bits for security and transaction propagation.

It's implied (vaguely) in the discussion of attachments.  I'll elaborate that section a bit.

Updated: done!

• 3. Re: Proxy Requirements
              dmlloyd

I've made some major updates to this doc based on the past couple days' discussion.  I think I've addressed all the serialization & proxy cases.  I still haven't covered configuration & bootstrapping for client environments but it's getting closer.  Also, HA is still unspecified other than a few vague references to letting Dispatchers and Forwarders do whatever they want.

One major change is that the concept of "Remote Invoker Context" has been split up into client and server components.  Please let me know what you think.