3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2010 7:03 AM by swiderski.maciej

Examples not working as expected

yongtao

Setup:

JBPM 4.3 running in JBoss 5.1.0 on RedHat 5.

What works:

I started the "BPMN2 Example process using task forms" process. I can see the process instance in RUNNING state.

What's NOT:

Since the process instance is running, I expect to see something in the task list. However, both group task list and personal task list are empty. I can see an entry in the JBPM4_TASK table in the database. However, I don't see it in the jBPM Console. Yes, I did hit the refresh button a few times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Yongtao

• 1. Re: Examples not working as expected
          swiderski.maciej

Hi,

first thought would be to verify that the task is assigned to the same user that is used to logon to jbpm console.

You can always give it a try with api access (TaskService) to look up for tasks using REST interface of gwt-server-console.

Cheers,

Maciej

• 2. Re: Examples not working as expected
            yongtao

No the task is not assigned yet. In the database the ASSIGNEE_ column is NULL. What I was hoping for is to see it under the "Group Tasks", select it, and then click on the "Claim" button to assign the task to myself. The problem is, it's not showing up under the "Group Tasks".

Thanks.

Yongtao

• 3. Re: Examples not working as expected
              swiderski.maciej

Did you assign task to a group (using candidate-group attribute in process definition)? How does your process definition for this task look like?

Since it is not assigned to anything then it will not show up in the console. If you want to have it assigned to a group and then to be shown in console user that you are logging in with must be part of this group.