7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 10:24 AM by swiderski.maciej

Deploying java class with the process

Hi,

I want to know, when I deploy a process, where the class file is saved in the database.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Deploying java class with the process
          swiderski.maciej

Hi,

they are stored in JBPM4_LOB table.

/Maciej

• 2. Re: Deploying java class with the process

That is what i expect,

But after deploying a process, I opend the database but i couldn't found the class.

i only find the xml and png files

• 3. Re: Deploying java class with the process
              swiderski.maciej

how do you deploy your process to a data base?

If you use ant task make sure that all resources are included in the archive.

• 4. Re: Deploying java class with the process
                Hi,         

//Process Engine
                            ProcessEngine processEngine = new Configuration().setResource("jbpm.cfg.xml").buildProcessEngine();

//Repository Service
                            RepositoryService repositoryService = processEngine.getRepositoryService();

// Deployer le process et ces dependances
                            repositoryService.createDeployment()
                            .addResourceFromClasspath("com/jbpm/tuto/MyProcess.jpdl.xml")
                            .addResourceFromClasspath("com/jbpm/tuto/MyProcess.png")
                            .deploy();

and i user a <java> and the function is ok and i can access it but i searched for the class in the database but i couldnt find it.
                • 5. Re: Deploying java class with the process
                  swiderski.maciej

ok, I assume that you are running your process from IDE (eclipse ) and it works fine - is that correct?

Classes are not stored in data base because you did not add them like you did for xml and png files. If you specify all you java classes as resources before executing deploy method all of them will be stored in db.

Cheers,

Maciej

• 6. Re: Deploying java class with the process
                    But if it is not deployed as you are saying so how it is working correctelly when i start the process ?
                    • 7. Re: Deploying java class with the process
                      swiderski.maciej

Ho do you run it? On app server or within eclipse? And how do you package jbpm - is it embedded in your application or is it standalone?

Could be that your java classes are on the classpath that jBPM is using on runtime so they are available on runtime but not stored in db.