1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 4:08 AM by asoldano

Is there anyone who have a experience to migrate jbossWS base service to axis2 base service?

headiron

Hi All.

We have a web service that was implement using jboss WS existing on jBoss4.0.2.

( I saw a document jbossWS is made from axis1.0.2)

We are using this service for many years, and there are some clients to use it.

Sometimes our service is hangup and we guess it caused by memory issue.

We test axis2 and it is more enhanced that jbossws.

So we want to use axis2 , but it is difficult to keep same url & End Point using on jbossWS.

( If I use axis2, "/services/" is appended during webapplication name and service name )

Is there anyone who have a experience upgrade exising web service that use jBoss ws to use axis2 ?

( or Is there anone know solution about it ? )

• 1. Re: Is there anyone who have a experience to migrate jbossWS base service to axis2 base service?
          asoldano

Of course I'm quite biased here, but at least let me say it's quite unfair comparing the webservice stack you had in JBoss 4.0.2 many years ago (which I think was not even called jbossws) with the recent Axis2. Btw, the webservice stack of JBoss is not based anymore on Axis since *years*.

My suggestion would be to evaluate a recent version of JBossWS (3.2.x), pick the stack flavour you prefer (JBossWS-Native, JBossWS-CXF or JBossWS-Metro) according to your needs. Also keep in mind that moving to a recent AS version (we're currently working on JBoss AS 6.0.0.M3...) is more that suggested, you're likely to suffer from performance issues, bugs, etc. staying with an AS that is *many years* old.

Regarding the usual need for keeping the same wsdl contract while upgrading the software, consider a contract first development using wsconsume tool (even if I fear you were using rpc/encoded style at that time... and almost no ws stack support that nowadays)