2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2010 1:57 AM by jaikiran

JBoss initial setup

Hi,

I am new to jboss development. I downloaded jboss 6. I want to write simple jsp file and run. where to create my new application and folder. Do I need to add any configuration entry while creating new appliation.  is it simple as tomcate just create new folder in webapp? Please help me.

- Ganesh

• 1. Re: JBoss initial setup
          jaikiran

Ganesh, welcome to the forums This forum is for development *of* JBoss Web project. I'll move your question to the "Installation, Configuration & Deployment" user forum where questions like this are discussed.

• 2. Re: JBoss initial setup
            jaikiran

ganeshpsalian@gmail.com wrote:

I want to write simple jsp file and run. where to create my new application and folder. Do I need to add any configuration entry while creating new appliation.  is it simple as tomcate just create new folder in webapp? Please help me.

Yes, it's as simple as Tomcat. All you have to do is create a .war file (with your jsp, servlets etc...) and place that war file in the JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/deploy folder (for ex: JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/myapp.war). That's it. Set JAVA_HOME to point to the JDK 6 installation and then start the server using the run.bat (or run.sh for *nix OS). The server will then pick up your war file for deployment and deploy it.