2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 4:16 AM by rex*05

jBPM 4.3 in Tomcat 6 as a webapplication

Hello,

I have to deploy jBPM 4.3 as a web application, so that I have to deploy only one .war-file.

I don’t want to make chances on the installation of the server like the install scripts do it.

So the server should not be touched.

Now the problem is, that jBPM requires the juel libraries and that tomcat comes with the el-impl library.

I have put the juel libs in my WEB-INF/lib folder. When I try to start tomcat I get the following exception:

Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving interface method "javax.servlet.jsp.JspApplicationContext.addELResolver(Ljavax/el/ELResolver;)V" the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader) of the current class, org/apache/myfaces/webapp/Jsp21FacesInitializer, and the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader) for resolved class, javax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext, have different Class objects for the type javax/el/ELResolver used in the signature

Did anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Is there a possibility do disable the classloader of juel or something?

It would be very helpful is anyone could help me!

Greetings

Sandro

• 1. Re: jBPM 4.3 in Tomcat 6 as a webapplication
          huber

Hello,

I have a similiar problem on jboss (4.2.3 or 5.1.0.GA).

I erased package javax.el.* from juel.jar and it worked for me, but I did not really test it out.

Cheers

Johannes

• 2. Re: jBPM 4.3 in Tomcat 6 as a webapplication

Thank for your Answer!

I am completely new to jBPM and so I’m just at the state of playing around and trying out something.

I have downloaded the newest version of juel an only put the “juel-impl-2.2.1.jar” into my WEB-INF/lib.

I can start Tomcat now and at my early state of testing and development I have not found any problem…