1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 9:21 AM by fredk

How to create a XA aware connection factory

fredk

Hi,

Currently I have a connection factory that supports local transactions, but since I need to connect to another database I have to transform it to a XA aware factory.

I changed my resource adapter configuration to support XATransactions, changed my custom factory class to extend org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory

and my changed my xa-ds.xml as attached.

After deploying the code on JBoss 5.1.0.GA

This is the error message:

16:43:51 WARN  [main] JBossManagedConnectionPool.warn(363) Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
      org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Ongeldige Oracle-URL opgegeven.: OracleDataSource.makeURL)
              at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.getXAManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:465)
              at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:409)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:633)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:267)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:679)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:404)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:381)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:496)
              at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:941)
              at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:89)
              at nl.xa.OracleWrapperDataSource.getConnection(OracleWrapperDataSource.java:45)

(BTW translation 'Ongeldige Oracle-URL opgegeven' is about the same as 'Passed invalid Oracle-URL')

I tried to change 'ConnectionURL' to 'URL' and to 'URLProperty' but those won't work either. What am I doing wrong.

• 1. Re: How to create a XA aware connection factory
          fredk

After spitting through the jboss sourcecode I solved the problem myself:

the property 'URLProperty' refers to a named property in the config-property XADataSourceProperties

So one should use the following lines in the connection factory:

<config-property name="URLProperty" type="java.lang.String">$PROPNAME</config-property>

<config-property name="XADataSourceProperties" type="java.lang.String">$PROPNAME=$CONNECTIONSTRING</config-property>

where the both $PROPNAME's should be the same and the $CONNECTIONSTRING should be the connection string

e.g.

<config-property name="URLProperty" type="java.lang.String">URL</config-property>

<config-property name="XADataSourceProperties" type="java.lang.String">URL=jdbc:thin:@localhost:1521:XE</config-property>