3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 8:21 AM by sebastian.s

BPMN 2.0 Modellers / Designers

Hi,

I'm just trying out JBPM 4.3 mainly beacuse of its new support for BPMN 2.0 native execution. However I see that neither the Eclipse plugin, or the bundled Signavio modeller currently support BPMN 2.0. Is the plan that these tools will be updated to support it and if so is there any idea of which release this is coming in?

Or is the only way to model in BPMN 2.0 to subscribe to Signavio's commerical offering?

Thanks

• 1. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modellers / Designers
          salaboy21
          You can take a look at Drools Flow (www.drools.org) eclipse plugin, it already let you define BPMN2 processes.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modellers / Designers
            jbarrez

The Signavio editor is expected to be bundled with the next version (if everything goes as planned). You can try out a 30 day trial on Signavio today if you'd like to try it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modellers / Designers
              sebastian.s

Hello Mauricio,

I tried the Drools Modeler and I was able to switch to the BPMN-skin. But I could not find a way to read  a .bpmn-file with the modeler. Is this feature in Drools 5.0 or do  I need to use the trunk to have this functionality?

Joram: How are you creating and generating the process definitions for the implementation of BPMN-2.0?

Thanks for any hints

Sebastian