1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 2:10 PM by kukeltje

Setting priority for process definition or instance

swiderski.maciej

Hi,

Considering following use case:

there are two (or more) process definitions on the engine: MyProcess-1 and YourProcess-1.

Scenario 1:

Starting 100 instances of MyProcess-1 and next starting 100 instances of YourProcess.-1 I would like to instruct the engine that MyProcess-1 instances are more important and should be executed prior to YourProcess-1 instances.

Scenario 2:

I would like to set on instance level that 10 instances of MyProcess-1 should have higher priority and 10 instances of YourProcess-1 as well due to they are handling actions for VIP customers.

Is there any way of specifying a priority for either definition  or instance of the process to be more important than another.

Cheers,

Maciej

• 1. Re: Setting priority for process definition or instance
          kukeltje
          Is there any way of specifying a priority for either definition  or instance of the process to be more important than another.

No, but since jBPM is a very lightweight engine, you can run several in parallel for different processes (you can even embed one in each application) and make sure one runs more e.g. jobschedulers then the other. Or you can take other measures to signal one type of process instance more often then another (e.g. by using jms queues with different numbers of mdb's on them). So I advice to atm use existing JEE options.