2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 1:37 PM by siwelb

CommunicationException when shutting down JBoss 4.2.2

I have deployed an application using JBoss 4.2.2 on a 64-bit RHEL5 server. Since there are other JBoss servers running on the same server, I had to change some port configurations so that there would be no conflicts. Right now I'm using ports-01 from the sample-bindings.xml file that came in the docs/examples/binding-manager/samples directory.  I have verified that JBoss is indeed using the binding manager from looking at the startup log.

When I start the server (binding to localhost) everything is fine and I'm able to access the application. But when I try to shutdown the server I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException
      : Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]]
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1562)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
              at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
              at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:214)
      Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:274)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
              ... 4 more
      Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:248)
              ... 5 more
      Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
              at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
              at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
              at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:525)
              at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:475)
              at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:372)
              at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:273)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:84)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:77)
              at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:244)
              ... 5 more

I've tried shutting down the server by using the command "shutdown.sh --server=localhost:1299", but it gives me the same exception, only with port port 1299 instead of 1099.  Any suggestions?