3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2010 5:24 PM by snjeza

Maven - Publishing after a mvn clean

germanescobar

Hi,

I've been trying the Maven Integration for a Seam app lately and it works great!. However, I have a question regarding how the integration works. For example, if I do a "mvn clean" and then I try to publish the project, the META-INF folder of the EAR and JAR's are always empty. Is this the expected behaviour? I'm I doing something wrong?

In general, I would like to know if JBoss Tools runs somehow a "mvn package" or something to create the package or if it is a completely separate process.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Maven - Publishing after a mvn clean
          snjeza

In general, I would like to know if JBoss Tools runs somehow a "mvn package" or something to create the package or if it is a completely separate process.

JBoss Tools uses the WTP deployment engine that isn't related to Maven.

If you are getting different applications when using "mvn package" and the JBoss Tools Publish action, please create a jira on https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE

• 2. Re: Maven - Publishing after a mvn clean
            germanescobar

Thanks for the answer! The thing is that I use Maven's resource filtering. I need the Maven's process-resources lifecycle phase to be executed just before publishing (using a Maven profile I use for development). Currently, what I'm doing is a "mvn package" or "mvn package -Pdevelopment" and then I publish the project.

I don't if this is possible knowing that the process is controlled by WTP ...

• 3. Re: Maven - Publishing after a mvn clean
              snjeza

m2eclipse would need to do resource filtering, but I am not sure if it does that.

Could you create a jira and attach an example of your project?