3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 2:07 AM by kukeltje

jBPM4 Database Dictionary

I'm looking for any documentation available that would provide appropriate comments for each table and column within.

While a good portion of the model is intuitive, it would be helpful to have consistent understanding within the community.

Internally, this type of documentation is required before implementation.

Please let me know if there is anything available.

Thanks,

mike

Example attached

• 1. Re: jBPM4 Database Dictionary
          kukeltje

I'm looking for any documentation available that would provide appropriate comments for each table and column within.

Why is this important?  Is the DBA 'requirering it'?

While a good portion of the model is intuitive, it would be helpful to have consistent understanding within the community.

Hmm... I developed partsof the BPMN2 stuff and even then I did not need this knowledge .

Internally, this type of documentation is required before implementation.

Sure? Or is (as I mentioned before) the DBA 'just' requirering' it.  (seen that before)
          • 2. Re: jBPM4 Database Dictionary

Thanks for your response.  You are correct, our database architects require it.  They review all db elements before it gets to the dba's.

In a sense, its helpful so we don't have to explain the tables to others, they can simply read through the documentation.

Happy to send what i have if interested.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3. Re: jBPM4 Database Dictionary
              kukeltje

Thanks for responding. You might add it to the db model document in the documents section if you want.

One additional question though... do they also require this of ERP systems? (100's of tables sometimes) :-)