2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 2:40 PM by arcticranger

using GWT console with jBPM-3 schema

My company is using JBoss ESB 4.5.  That means for jBPM we are restricted to the schema used by the service version of jBPM,  jbpm.esb.

The schema used by jbpm.esb is equivalent to the schema in jBPM 3.1.1, so we were able to install jBPM 3.1.1 separately and have its GWT console use the jbpm.esb tables.  It's pretty but quite limited.  I've heard it referred to as a prototype and I think it was the first introduction of the GWT console to jBPM.

Is there a more advanced GWT console that will work against the 3.1.1 schema?

• 1. Re: using GWT console with jBPM-3 schema
          kukeltje

It's pretty but quite limited.  I've heard it referred to as a prototype and I think it was the first introduction of the GWT console to jBPM.

Correct, shortly after 3.3.1, the choice was made to not develop the GWT console further on jBPM 3.3 and focus on compatibility with jBPM 4

Is there a more advanced GWT console that will work against the 3.1.1 schema?

Well, no not specifically. Maybe you could find those parts that made it compatible with 3.3 in the source and extend that so the console for 4.x also works with 3.3. Keep in mind that you will always have to keep updated yourself.

• 2. Re: using GWT console with jBPM-3 schema

Thanks.

It seems to make more sense to wait until jbpm.esb catches up with jBPM-4.  In the meantime we just get the GWT console up to par with the JSF one.