1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 3:27 AM by alesj Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Undemanding Dependencies
        dmlloyd

alesj wrote:

In this case, what do you consider "-->" to mean?
        A --> B, by this I mean that from A you can get a hold of B.
        I'm producing a BeanMetaData but after that I don't have any control over how the beans are installed.  I don't see any way to get a ControllerContext or DependencyInfo off of a BMD.  I think I see what you're getting at (using a lifecycle callback on the parent to enable the child), I just don't see how to connect the dots.

Even from BMD you have access to underlying ControllerContext, you just don't know it yet. :-)

It's the MetaDataVisitorNode methods, that get you that, we just need to properly override them.

BMD.initialVisit(MDVN node) <-- override this

ControllerContext context = node.getControllerContext();

DependencyInfo info = context.getDependencyInfo();

LifecycleCallbackItem item = new MyStarterLCI(); // this is what starts As

info.addLifecycleCallback(item);

Does this make more sense?

Ah, I see.  However I can't affect the parent's BMD in this case - only the child's.

• 16. Re: Undemanding Dependencies
          alesj

Ah, I see.  However I can't affect the parent's BMD in this case - only the child's.

Not a lot different, just using another callback mechanism.

BMD.initialVisit(MDVN node) <-- override this

ControllerContext context = node.getControllerContext(); // child context

DependencyInfo info = context.getDependencyInfo();

CallbackItem callback = new BTrackingCallback(); // we keep track of all Bs, do something on the right one

info.addInstallItem(callback);

1 2 Previous Next