3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 6:27 AM by vineet_tripathi

How to customize the top navigation bar

paturuv

Hi -

I would like to understand on how to customize the top navigation using the configuration xml file. Like when I create a portal page under a portal right now that page is visible as a tab in the top navigation. My problem is I definitely need few of the pages to be tabs on the top navigation but remaining page still need to be created in portal but they should not appear on the top navigation as tabs. Is there any parameter that I can set so that the page does not appear as a tab.

Thanks,

Venkat

• 1. Re: How to customize the top navigation bar

Your page tabs come form the following tag inside your layout jsp (index.jsp, maximized.jsp of your layout, refer to portal-core.war/layouts)

<p:region regionName='navigation' regionID='navigation'/>

This tab, displays the tabs, that are generated by tabs.jsp(portal-core.war/WEB-INF/jsp/header). Look into this file for implementing your desired functinonality

Thanks

Vineet

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to customize the top navigation bar
            paturuv

Vineet -

Thank You for the reply.

I have already done those customizations and achieved the required functionality.

I am more talking about the taglibrary used to generate the top navigation bar itself. By default two level pages were shown in the menu, If I want to add third level for the menu bar I might need to customize the way navigation bar display is developed.  Please let me know if you have come across with a third level menu item scenario.

Thanks,

Venkat

• 3. Re: How to customize the top navigation bar

See again the changes has to be done only in tabs.jsp, as thats the place you can put the next level of portal object iteration for ur third level. You can apply any kind of css class and design your tabs.