1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 6:32 AM by mjjiangbhr Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory
        ron_sigal

mjjiangbhr wrote:

If we set the timeout value to a non-zero value, and if there is no message in topic/queue in server side, then the remote client (message listener)  won't receive any message, that mean the connection between client and server is idle, if the idle duration exceeds the non-zero "timeout" value, then the JBM will forcibly close the connection, so the remoting client won't receive any subsequent messages from server any more......

Like I said, I don't know enough about JBossMessaging to comment.  Why does JBM close the connection?  And if JBM closes the connection, why should the Remoting client continue to receive messages?

Maybe you should move this discussion back to the Messaging forum.

-Ron

• 16. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory

ron.sigal@jboss.com 编写:

mjjiangbhr wrote:

If we set the timeout value to a non-zero value, and if there is no message in topic/queue in server side, then the remote client (message listener)  won't receive any message, that mean the connection between client and server is idle, if the idle duration exceeds the non-zero "timeout" value, then the JBM will forcibly close the connection, so the remoting client won't receive any subsequent messages from server any more......

Like I said, I don't know enough about JBossMessaging to comment.  Why does JBM close the connection?  And if JBM closes the connection, why should the Remoting client continue to receive messages?

Maybe you should move this discussion back to the Messaging forum.

-Ron

Actually  I had already posted the same article on JBoss Messaging Forum: http://community.jboss.org/thread/129740?tstart=0, but nobody commented on it so far. I had also submitted a JIRA issue on JBossMessage: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1763, but no any comments as well.

I thought this issue should be caused by either JBoss Remoting or JBoss Messaging, so I post the same question onto 2 forums. Anyway, Ron, thanks for your kindly help.

• 17. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory
            ron_sigal
            Any progress?
            • 18. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory

No any progress so far

Just I mentioned previously, nobody comments on my post on JBoss Messaging Forum: http://community.jboss.org/thread/129740?tstart=0.

Actually, we had already bypassed this issue, refer to my previous post.

Our customer is planning to migrate their app server from JBoss to Weblogic

• 19. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory
                • 20. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory
                  gaohoward

Hi Ron, mjjiang,

JBM will never forcibly close a active connection unless notified by underlying Remoting or explicitly closed by the client.

It never used the 'timeout' directly anywhere in JBM.

mjjiang, can you explain a bit more?

Thanks,

Howard

• 21. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory

Hello, Yong Hao Gao.

I never said that JBM will forcibly close a active connection, how can you deduce this opinion from this post? On the contrary, the problem is either JBM or JBoss Remoting doesn't close (clean up) the failure connections that were caused by pulling out network cable.

Please ignore the timeout setting, the timeout setting was just our original suspicion. Previously we thought changing the timeout setting might solve this problem, but it didn't.

I think I had already described this problem clearly via JBOSS JIRA website and this forum. Please refer to https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-1169 to know about the discusson between Ron Sigal and me.  Also refer to https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1763 (you should already seen this JIRA issue). I had explained how to reproduce this problem and our environment configuration, I think it's sufficient for your guys to investigate this problem. What additional info are you required? Cannot you understand my description?

I thought this issue should be caused by either JBoss Remoting or JBoss Messaging, so I post the same question onto 2 forums and open 2 JIRA issues, I also spent some effort to reply and elaborate on this forum and JIRA website, but I regretted that nobody can help solve it for such a long time, eventually we have to use degrade JBM to bypass this problem as stated in this post. BTW, considering the instability of JBM, our customer has no confidence on JBoss, they said they might migrate onto other app server

• 22. Re: Client hangs when get JMS connection factory

Oops..... Sorry, Yong Hao Gao, I misunderstood your meaning, you were referring to my previous test on timeout setting, but I wrongly thought you were referring to the issue itself (i.e. Bisocket connection won't be closed if pulling out the ethernet cable between client and server. The failure detection code won't close the failure connection...... )

I really said "if we change the timeout to a positive value, and if there is no message in topic/queue in server side, then the remote client (message listener)  won't receive any message, that mean the connection is idle, if the idle duration exceeds the "timeout" value, then the JBM will forcibly close the connection, so the remoting client won't receive any subsequent messages any more, it's a serious problem!

Please ignore the timeout setting, the timeout setting was just our original suspicion. Previously we thought changing the timeout setting might solve this problem, but it didn't. The fact is that the remoting client won't receive any subsequent messages any more, I am not sure who forcibly close the connection, but it seems that the connection was closed somehow, the problem is caused by either JBM or Remoting.

I also remembered that it's not recommended to change the timeout value according to the JBM documentation, keep the timeout value as 0, it means the connection will never be timeout

1 2 Previous Next