1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2010 10:32 AM by jaikiran

java.lang.RuntimeException: No Context associated with current Thread

csabaszucs
      Hello Guys,

I have a blocking issue, could you please help me? I would highly appreciate if there would be some fast solution, workaround for this.

I have a MicroContainer bean/service which is accessed by a servlet class. I am using the jboss-mc-int-servlet-2.2.0.Alpha1.jar to access the bean from my servlet. Actually this bean service provides some BIRT-based functions (so it is a client of BIRT, BIRT data engine API uses JavaScript, as well).

When I deploy my servlet to the AS, I get the exception below.

Is this a JBoss-related issue or rather some BIRT-related? Or perhaps Mozilla/FireFox/Rhino-issue?

Interestingly enough there is no problem with the service if I don't run it from inside my servlet...

Many thanks in advance!
      Csaba

/Used JBoss AS: jboss-5.1.0.GA /

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.mozilla.javascript.Context.getContext(Context.java:2206)
          org.mozilla.javascript.Context.javaToJS(Context.java:1578)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSetRuntime.getJSDataSetObject(DataSetRuntime.java:385)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.getQueryScope(QueryExecutor.java:1171)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.loadFromCache(QueryExecutor.java:354)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:305)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:437)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:189)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:177)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:143)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:158)
          org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:141)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.executeQuery(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:517)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getResultSetOfCascadingGroup(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:839)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getChoicesFromParameterGroup(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:756)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getCascadingParameterList(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:463)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.doGetSelectionList(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:396)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getSelectionList(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:354)
          org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getSelectionListForCascadingGroup(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:593)
          com.continental.plm.reportutility.parameters.CascadingParameterGroupDefinition.getChoices(CascadingParameterGroupDefinition.java:21)
          com.continental.plm.reportutility.parameters.CascadingParameterGroupDefinition.renderHtml(CascadingParameterGroupDefinition.java:32)
          com.contiautomotive.plm.mksreporting.webui.Parameters.createParameterRequestingForm(Parameters.java:64)
          com.contiautomotive.plm.mksreporting.webui.Parameters.createPage(Parameters.java:45)
          com.contiautomotive.plm.mksreporting.webui.Parameters.doGet(Parameters.java:34)
          com.contiautomotive.plm.mksreporting.webui.Parameters.doPost(Parameters.java:76)
          javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
          javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
          com.contiautomotive.plm.mksreporting.webui.Modules.doPost(Modules.java:87)
          javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
          javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
          org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

• 1. Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: No Context associated with current Thread
          jaikiran

CsabaSzucs wrote:

Is this a JBoss-related issue or rather some BIRT-related? Or perhaps Mozilla/FireFox/Rhino-issue?

org.mozilla.javascript.Context.getContext(Context.java:2206)
              org.mozilla.javascript.Context.javaToJS(Context.java:1578)
              org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSetRuntime.getJSDataSetObject(DataSetRuntime.java:385)
              org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.getQueryScope(QueryExecutor.java:1171)

Looking at that stacktrace it appears to be something related to birt or the org.mozilla.javascript issue. Don't know which context it's looking for. You might want to ask this in the birt forum.