2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 4:44 AM by galder.zamarreno

Anybody tried to integrate JBossCache 3.x with JBoss AS 4.2.

yanfengzhang816

Hi there,

I've heard that JBossCache 3.x has significant improvement on locking mechanism which resolved the problem of ReplicationException caused by TimeoutException while writing a node which is very often readed -- which we suffered a lot.

Since we are using JBossAS 4.2.x and don't want to migrate to JBoss AS 5.x so quickly, don't know whether it is possible to integrate JBossCache 3.x into JBossAS 5 as the "ejb3-entity-cache" (2-nd level cache for JPA entity beans)

Is that possible? Has anybody tried?

• 1. Re: Anybody tried to integrate JBossCache 3.x with JBoss AS 4.2.
          naidoort

This is unfortunatly not going to be a post that will massivly change the way you go about things. I have tried to Integrate JBossCache 3.2.1 with JBoss AS 4.2. I read that the way to integrate them is to simply place a config xml file into the deploy directory of the server. The format of the xml file must however conform to the JBoss AS config format. i.e

<server>
               <mbean>
                    <attribtute>
                    </attribitue>
               </mbean>
          </server>

I deployed the example config given in the JBoss Cache 2.0.0 user guide and i got the following error:

--- Packages waiting for a deployer ---
          org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@728f2a3a { url=file:/C:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/atlas-8080/deploy/jboss-cache-config.xml }
            deployer: null
            state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER
            watch: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/atlas-8080/deploy/jboss-cache-config.xml
            altDD: null
            lastDeployed: 1262763835570
            lastModified: 1262763835538
            mbeans:

--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
          org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@728f2a3a { url=file:/C:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/atlas-8080/deploy/jboss-cache-config.xml }
            deployer: null
            state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER
            watch: file:/C:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/atlas-8080/deploy/jboss-cache-config.xml
            altDD: null
            lastDeployed: 1262763835570
            lastModified: 1262763835538
            mbeans:

I'm not sure if this will help at all or get you thinking.

I would appreciate your feedback and any other help anybody has to offer.

Thanks in advance