4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2010 4:32 AM by dorothy

Content Management

Hi

Can anyone please suggest what are all the CMS's that are supported out-of-box by JBoss? Further if I have a CMS that is not supported out-of-the-box, then how can I integrate it with JBoss?

thanks

• 1. Re: Content Management
          piergiorgiolucidi

Usually in JBoss Portal, as other portlet containers, you can easily integrate any ECM/CMS system by exposing portlets, tipically these portlets are provided by the CMS product. In this way you can perform operations on your contents.

Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Content Management
            So does this mean that we need to expose these CMS/ECM portlets as WSRP?
            • 3. Re: Content Management
              piergiorgiolucidi

No, WSRP is a protocol created for reuse the same portlet in different portal instances, you can remotely deploy portlets.

I mean that, for instance, Alfresco provides you an engine to expose its own scripts as portlets, so in this way you can create your own Alfresco portlet instance based on your custom scripts.

Other products provide portlets to declare and instance in your portal in a easy way.

However, if you want to use a product that doesn't provide any portlet, you can implement your own standard portlet (JSR-286).

This portlet can remotely call your ECMS using one of the APIs exposed by the product.

Tipically you can use a REST API or a Web Services API  in an Enterprise CMS that allows you to perform operations.

Now, if your product support Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS), I suggest you to use this new standard dedicated to repositories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_Management_Interoperability_Services

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Content Management
                Thanks, this was really helpful