9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 12:01 PM by kukeltje

ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in source c

jedizippy

Hi,

We are seeing issues when redpeloying our jbpm EAR into weblogic with recursive JTA exceptions. This is no doubt due to the fact there seems to be no hooks to gracefully close the jbpm Engine down with we undeply the EAR.

The javadocs for jBPM 4 (we are using jbPM 4.1 due to subflow problem with 4.2) show a close() method on the ProcessEngine but its not there in the source code.

Am I missing something ?. How is the ProcessEngine normally closed down gracefully when an application is undeployed ?

Regards
      Martin

• 1. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour
          jedizippy

OK seems to be added between 4.1 and 4.2 so upgrading to 4.2 should hopefully solve our issues with undeployment.

• 2. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour

HI Martin  ,

I am novice ot JBPM and have workign knowledge on Weblogic 10.3 where i need to deploy JBPM .

Could you pls explain me (or) rather send me link where i can get How to install JBPM 4 on Weblogic .

Thanks in Advance

Ganesh Gowtham

• 3. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour
              jedizippy

Hi,

There is no link to instructions on how to do this. You need to deploy jbpm and all its dependent jars into for example your WEB-INF\lib of your web application and then set your hibernate configuration in the jbpm.hibernate.cfg.xml on the classpath. Check the forum as I already posted this for weblogic a few weeks back for the hibernate settings for weblogic.

Unfortunately there is no exact set of steps. But the main part his the above.

Regards

Martin

• 4. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour
                koen.aers

Martin,

Installation of jBPM in WebLogic seems to be slightly off the topic of the thread ;-)

Anyway, if you have a good description on how to do it, feel free to write it up in a wiki page. I'm sure it could help a lot of others.

Cheers,

Koen

• 5. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour

HI Martin ,

Thanks for quick reply .

I Had changed all confiuration files including hibernate files , weblogic xml, JMS files also I had created the Datasource and update respective xmls .

In JBPM 4.1 we have

• gwt-console-server.war
                  • jbpm-console.war
                  • jbpm-enterprise-beans.jar

I am wondering How can i deploy these files in weblogic ?

A) jbpm-enterprise-beans.jar is EJB module and rest 2 are war ,Do i need to create the EAR file with these 3 archives and deploy ?

B) Do i need deploye jbpm-enterprise-beans.jar as EJB and rest 2 applications as sepearte WAR ?

Please suggest whether i need to follow method (A) or (B) , if you have anmy remarks in my idea .

Please let me know ur view on how to deploy apps .

Thanks in Advance

Ganesh Gowtham

• 6. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour
                    jedizippy

Hi Ganesh,

Sorry but we are not using the jBPM console or enterprise (ejb) modules. We are using only the process engine and we will implement our own GUI front end to interact with the jBPM APIs so I cant help you there. Of course if you want to deploy it to weblogic then as per any other deployment you will need to create an EAR with the relevant modules you want to deploy but it depends on the use case as you can also deploy jar/war to weblogic as well it does not _have_ to be an EAR. You could also deploy as a shared library but again it depends on the use case.

Also you should create a new forum post for such questions if you want someone to answer them as this has nothing to do with the original post regarding ProcessEngine.close() and hence its unlikely people will read this if they are not interested in that topic. As jBPM is now at 4.3 I doubt anyone is interested in this issue which was related to 4.1 !.

Good luck !.

Regards

Martin

• 7. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour

Hi Martin

Thanks for sugegstions

i had created http://community.jboss.org/thread/146614 for installation jbpm4.1 on weblogic .

See in soon in next post

Thanks

Gowtham

• 8. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour
                        jedizippy

Hi,

You will need to drop 4.1 and use 4.2 or 4.3 if you want to get this working on Weblogic. 4.1 does not allow the close() on ProcessEngine so you will never be able to undeploy/redeploy your application without restarting the server and getting loads of JTA issues.

Regards

Martin

• 9. Re: ProcessEngine.close() in jBPM 4 javadocs but not in sour
                          kukeltje
                          Guys, please..... discuss non-related topics in NEW posts, not hi-jack existing ones... And Ganesh, please do not post duplicate messages