12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2010 4:44 PM by dgolovin

Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2

edx

It worked in M4 trunk release 

Unfortunately I have upgraded M4 to RC2 and as result I receive the following message when invoking smooks configuration editor "Unhandled event loop exception"

The top lines of Java stack trace contain:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/milyn/delivery/Visitor
          at org.jboss.tools.smooks.editor.AbstractSmooksFormEditor.init(AbstractSmooksFormEditor.java:714)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:798)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:644)

How to update my installation with missing milyn resources?

Edward

• 1. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
          dartpeng

Hey Edward,

The Visitor class is in the org.jboss.tools.smooks.runtime/libs/milyn-smooks-core-1.2.1.jar , could you check that is it here?

Could you tell me where did you download the smooks tools ? I need to download it to test.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
            edx

I upgraded my JBossTools using nightly/trunk update site (CR2-H105 )
                 JBossTools - http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/nightly/trunk/

In this uogrude there are no expanded ~/eclipse/plugins/org.jboss.tools.smooks.runtime/ directory.

Instead this packege is jar-ed as: ~/eclipse/plugins/org.jboss.tools.smooks.runtime_1.2.1.jar (which contains requested jar having Visitor.class)

Edward

• 3. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
              maxandersen
              I believe your project should have the necessary classes for using smooks on the classpath.
              • 4. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                edx

The project has the reference in classpath to Server and ESB 4.7 resources.

I also have done step back and got the same behaviour is for development release (H198-CR1)...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/milyn/delivery/Visitor
                    at org.jboss.tools.smooks.editor.AbstractSmooksFormEditor.init(AbstractSmooksFormEditor.java:664)
                    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:798)
                    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:644)
                    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)

• 5. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                  dgolovin

It looks like problem is in smooks.runtime plugin.

It had in MANIFEST.MF for M4

{code}Export-Package: org.milyn,

org.milyn.cdr,

org.milyn.csv,

org.milyn.json,

org.milyn.payload,

org.milyn.smooks.edi,

org.milyn.xml{code}

It has in MANIFEST.MF for nightly builds from trunk

{code}Export-Package: au.com.bytecode.opencsv,
                  au.com.bytecode.opencsv.bean,
                  freemarker.core,
                  freemarker.template,
                  freemarker.template.utility,
                  org.milyn,
                  org.milyn.cdr,
                  org.milyn.container,
                  org.milyn.csv,
                  org.milyn.delivery,
                  org.milyn.delivery.sax,
                  org.milyn.io,
                  org.milyn.json,
                  org.milyn.payload,
                  org.milyn.smooks.edi,
                  org.milyn.util,
                  org.milyn.xml{code}

But version is still the same 1.2.1 it seems to me the reason why it doesn't get updated when next version installed over M4. It might a build issue, because it should have at least qualifier in bundle version to get that fixed IMO.

• 6. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                    dartpeng

I don't think the MANIFEST.MF in CR2 was wrong , it just append some additional export package.

I test the nightly building on windows xp , but it work well.

Tom has tested it on OS X , it doesn't happen too.

Maybe we need to wait for the next nightlybuilding and test it again,

• 7. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                      maxandersen

The problem is that you rely on those imports to be in place and if the user is on M4 and update to CR2 but no version differences are in place then the user actually is still on the M4 version for that plugin.

This is one of many reasons one should test *outside* the development environment once in a while

• 8. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                        dartpeng
                        Thanks you Max
                        • 9. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                          dgolovin

DartPeng wrote:

I don't think the MANIFEST.MF in CR2 was wrong , it just append some additional export package.

That's the reason if you've changed something in plug-in you have to change a version to get it picked up after update. In general build system adds qualifier to the version but this smooks.runtime plug-in is excluded from version update because it was going to have the same version as included smooks jars.

So question is if this plug-in is going to have changes in future it have to be included in qualifier generation process or you have to remember to update version every time you change something in it.

DartPeng wrote:

I test the nightly building on windows xp , but it work well.

Tom has tested it on OS X , it doesn't happen too

It works in nightly builds only because it does the clean install of all plug-ins.

DartPeng wrote:

Maybe we need to wait for the next nightlybuilding and test it again,

Next build is not going to change anything unless we fix it in plug-in manifest or in smooks builder.

• 10. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                            dgolovin

That's a good point and would be good to have smoke tests for that:

1. Instal previous version

2. Update it with new one

3. Run smoke tests

I think that is only right way to test new version, because clean installation will work if it works for this scenario.

• 11. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2

Is there a workaround? I'm having this issue when trying to create Hibernate mapping files via wizard. I have Eclipse 3.5.2 and updated JBoss Tools 3.1 "All JBoss Tools" from http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development.

Thanks very much!

java.lang.NullPointerException
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.TypeVisitor.visit(ConfigurationActor.java:458)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ArrayType.accept0(ArrayType.java:139)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2480)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.ProcessEntityInfo.createProperty(ConfigurationActor.java:400)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.ProcessEntityInfo.createProperty(ConfigurationActor.java:395)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.ProcessEntityInfo.visit(ConfigurationActor.java:347)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.FieldDeclaration.accept0(FieldDeclaration.java:279)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2551)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeDeclaration.accept0(TypeDeclaration.java:484)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2551)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnit.accept0(CompilationUnit.java:219)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.ConfigurationActor.createConfiguration(ConfigurationActor.java:144)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.ConfigurationActor.createConfigurations(ConfigurationActor.java:125)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewHibernateMappingFileWizard.createConfigurations(NewHibernateMappingFileWizard.java:530)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewHibernateMappingFileWizard.getPlaces2Gen(NewHibernateMappingFileWizard.java:287)
                              at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewHibernateMappingFileWizard.performFinish(NewHibernateMappingFileWizard.java:362)
                              at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:752)

• 12. Re: Smooks editor does not work in JBossTools 3.1 RC2
                                dgolovin

Peter,

what is a relation between your problem and Smooks Editor? It is most likely Hibernate Console issue. Would you create new discussion for that? To find if there is workaround for you, please, explain steps that lead to mentioned exception:

What kind of project do you have?

How did you create project?

The more details we have the faster we can find out what is the reason.

Thanks