5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 12:46 PM by satya.godavarti

Error while deploying war file in Jboss AS 5.0

chandu2708

Hi There,

im getting following error while deploying my webapp as war file in Jboss AS 5 in deploy dir

20:26:13,906 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Parse: name=vfszip:/D:/eclipse-ee/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/example-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war state=Not Installed mode=Manual requiredState=Parse
      org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error creating managed object for vfszip:/D:/eclipse-ee/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/example-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war
           at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
           at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:337)
           at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:297)
           at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:269)
           at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.deploy(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:230)
           at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:171)
           at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1439)
           at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1157)
           at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.install(DeployersImpl.java:1098)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1598)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:934)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1062)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:984)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:822)
           at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:553)
           at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.process(DeployersImpl.java:781)
           at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:545)
           at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:304)
           at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:205)
           at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:405)
           at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:209)
           at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:547)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
      Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: Failed to resolve schema nsURI= location=aop
           at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:203)
           at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:168)
           at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.JBossXBDeployerHelper.parse(JBossXBDeployerHelper.java:199)
           at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.JBossXBDeployerHelper.parse(JBossXBDeployerHelper.java:170)
           at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:132)
           at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:118)
           at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.parseAndInit(AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.java:256)
           at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.deployer.AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.parse(AbstractVFSParsingDeployer.java:239)
           at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput.java:330)
           ... 22 more
      Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: Failed to resolve schema nsURI= location=aop
           at org.jboss.xb.binding.sunday.unmarshalling.SundayContentHandler.startElement(SundayContentHandler.java:313)
           at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser$DelegatingContentHandler.startElement(SaxJBossXBParser.java:401)
           at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.xinclude.XIncludeHandler.startElement(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
           at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
           at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:199)
           ... 30 more

Please let me know if i have missed any configuration while deploying the war file. your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

bala.

• 1. Error while deploying war file in Jboss AS 5.0
          chandu2708
          After a bit searching we i found that in Jboss AS5 its required to attach schema and dtd to the xml bean configuration. but i think this issue is from jboss cache. im trying to deploy the jbosscache-pojo version which has a jbosscache-pojo.jar file which has a pojocache-aop.xml which doesnt define any schema in that xml. but how can i fix this behaviour?
          • 2. Re: Error while deploying war file in Jboss AS 5.0
            brian.stansberry

Thanks for the report. This is a bug; I've filed https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/PCACHE-84

Workarounds:

1) You can just fix the file in the jar as shown in the JIRA.

2) Are you using the "all" config?

a) If so remove jbosscache-pojo.jar from your war; it's already on the classpath via the server/all/lib dir

b) If not, copy the jbosscache-core.jar, jbosscache-pojo.jar and jgroups.jar from server/all/lib to server/your_config/lib and remove them from your war.

If you're not using "all" and you want load-time weaving of your pojos (i.e. you're not using aopc in your build), you'll need to copy server/all/deploy/cluster/jbossweb-cluster.aop to your server/your_config/deploy.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Error while deploying war file in Jboss AS 5.0
              chandu2708

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the reply. ill try to copy those jars into my app classpath and try the case.

-bala.

• 4. Re: Error while deploying war file in Jboss AS 5.0
                satya.godavarti

Hi Balachandra,

Were you able to fix this problem. I stuck with the same problem. I am using my own server configuration. I did the following steps

1) Copied jbosscache-core.jar, jbosscache-pojo.jar and jgroups.jar from server/all/lib to server/ymy_config/lib folder. These jars does not exist in my war file

2) Copied server/all/deploy/cluster/jbossweb-cluster.aop to your server/my_config/deploy folder

3) I restarted JBOSS and getting the same error.

Any help appreciated.

-Satya

• 5. Re: Error while deploying war file in Jboss AS 5.0
                  satya.godavarti

Hi Brian,

Were you able to fix this problem. I stuck with the same problem. I am using my own server configuration. I did the following steps

1) Copied jbosscache-core.jar, jbosscache-pojo.jar and jgroups.jar from server/all/lib to server/ymy_config/lib folder. These jars does not exist in my war file

2) Copied server/all/deploy/cluster/jbossweb-cluster.aop to your server/my_config/deploy folder

3) I restarted JBOSS and getting the same error.

We do have few other jars in our war/lib directory. Those are axis.jar, commons-discovery.jar,commons-logging.jar,j2ee.jar jaxrpc.jar,jboss-j2ee.jar,junit.jar,namespace.jar,saaj.jar,wsdl4j.jar

Any help appreciated.

-Satya