1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2007 8:50 PM by juntao

Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Hi,
      I'm currently using quartz as a scheduler in a seam 2.0B application.

It works fine with its default configuration (I think the quartz.properties in the quartz jar file itself).

Now I need to change the configuration in order to change some parameter (misfireThreshold) and to use the JobStoreTX instead than RAMJobStore.

I tried to edit a quartz.properties under WEB-INF/classes, then I tried to set the system property in the server launch configuration and so on, but I always got quartz initialized with the default config.

Can anyone tell me how to change the quartz configuration in Seqm 2.0?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Sorry, I am on vacation right now (be back on Aug 19th). It might take take some time as I think about it while I am hiking in the woods :) Please bear with the delay!

cheers
          Michael

• 2. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Ok, just a little update:
            - I configured the JBoss run script adding the following statement to the JVM parameters:

-Dorg.quartz.properties="C:/jboss/jboss-4.2.1.GA/server/default/deploy/scheduler.ear/scheduler.war/WEB-INF/classes/db_quartz.properties"

The db_quartz.properties looks like that:
            org.quartz.scheduler.instanceName = DefaultQuartzScheduler
            org.quartz.scheduler.rmi.export = false
            org.quartz.scheduler.rmi.proxy = false
            org.quartz.scheduler.wrapJobExecutionInUserTransaction = false

org.quartz.threadPool.class = org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool
            org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount = 10
            org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority = 5
            org.quartz.threadPool.threadsInheritContextClassLoaderOfInitializingThread = true

org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold = 10000

org.quartz.jobStore.class = org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX
            org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.PostgreSQLDelegate
            org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass = org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate
            org.quartz.jobStore.dataSource = quartzDS
            org.quartz.jobStore.tablePrefix = QRTZ_

org.quartz.dataSource.quartzDS.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
            org.quartz.dataSource.quartzDS.URL = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/scheduler
            org.quartz.dataSource.quartzDS.user = myuser
            org.quartz.dataSource.quartzDS.password = mypswd
            org.quartz.dataSource.quartzDS.maxConnections = 5

At this point I receved class not found errors I solved by adding the following jars in the shared library dir of JBoss:
            - commons-pool-1.3.jar
            - commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar

I downloaded these files from the apache site (since I did not find them in the JBoss installation) and they do work only if installed at the server level, not in the application.

Now I had errors caused by the missing of tables in the db. I created the tables by using the sql script from the last quartz version I downloaded from the quartz site (since I did not find them in the JBoss installation).

Here I got an error for the PROPERTY field of the TRIGGER table had not default (I think it should be a problem from different versions of Quartz): I added quick&dirty a default and, at the end, I received an error caused by the impossibility to find a classloader for the Quartz classes (I report this error below).

At this point I try to add the following statement to the db_quartz.properties:
            org.quartz.scheduler.useClassLoaderOfInitializer = true

but it did not work.

I even try to copy the file quartz-all-1.6.0.jar under the server shared lib directory, but I got no results.

Here I am at the end. Can anyone help me or sugest some docs to read in order to get full use of Quartz with SEAM/JBoss?
            Since all the integration with Quartz (for both JBoss & SEAM) seams to rely on the In Memory configuration of Quartz, can anyone suggest me an alternative way to use it (maybe saving jobs parameters in my own Hybernate classes and restoring them at the server start, or something like that...)

The following is the error I'm receving when I start JBoss:

09:59:38,562 INFO [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist, view META-INF/ra.xml in .../deploy/quartz-ra.rar
            09:59:38,578 INFO [QuartzResourceAdapter] start quartz!!!
            09:59:38,687 INFO [SimpleThreadPool] Job execution threads will use class loader of thread: main
            09:59:38,734 INFO [QuartzScheduler] Quartz Scheduler v.1.6.0 created.
            09:59:38,734 INFO [JobStoreTX] Using thread monitor-based data access locking (synchronization).
            09:59:40,187 INFO [JobStoreTX] Removed 0 Volatile Trigger(s).
            09:59:40,187 INFO [JobStoreTX] Removed 0 Volatile Job(s).
            09:59:40,203 INFO [JobStoreTX] JobStoreTX initialized.
            09:59:40,203 INFO [StdSchedulerFactory] Quartz scheduler 'DefaultQuartzScheduler' initialized from specified file: 'C:/jboss/jboss-4.2.1.GA/server/default/deploy/scheduler.ear/scheduler.war/WEB-INF/classes/db_quartz.properties'
            09:59:40,203 INFO [StdSchedulerFactory] Quartz scheduler version: 1.6.0
            09:59:40,203 INFO [JobStoreTX] Freed 0 triggers from 'acquired' / 'blocked' state.
            09:59:40,203 INFO [JobStoreTX] Handling 1 trigger(s) that missed their scheduled fire-time.
            09:59:40,265 WARN [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='quartz-ra.rar'
            javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException: org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [See nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't store trigger: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob]]
             at org.jboss.resource.adapter.quartz.inflow.QuartzResourceAdapter.start(QuartzResourceAdapter.java:62)
             at org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment.startService(RARDeployment.java:109)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceDynamicMBeanSupport.invoke(ServiceDynamicMBeanSupport.java:124)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
             at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
             at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)
             at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
             at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
             at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
             at $Proxy39.start(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.deployment.SimpleSubDeployerSupport.startService(SimpleSubDeployerSupport.java:356)
             at org.jboss.deployment.SimpleSubDeployerSupport.start(SimpleSubDeployerSupport.java:127)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:1025)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:819)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
             at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor19.invoke(Unknown Source)
             at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
             at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
             at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
             at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
             at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
             at $Proxy9.deploy(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
             at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:634)
             at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:263)
             at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:336)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
             at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
             at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
             at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)
             at $Proxy4.start(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.start(SARDeployer.java:302)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:1025)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:819)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
             at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:766)
             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
             at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
             at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
             at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
             at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:482)
             at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:362)
             at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:200)
             at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:508)
             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
            Caused by: org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [See nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't store trigger: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob]]
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.schedulerStarted(JobStoreSupport.java:575)
             at org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler.start(QuartzScheduler.java:449)
             at org.quartz.impl.StdScheduler.start(StdScheduler.java:146)
             at org.jboss.resource.adapter.quartz.inflow.QuartzResourceAdapter.start(QuartzResourceAdapter.java:58)
             ... 88 more
            Caused by: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't store trigger: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob]
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.storeTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:1182)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.doUpdateOfMisfiredTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:950)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.recoverMisfiredJobs(JobStoreSupport.java:898)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.recoverJobs(JobStoreSupport.java:780)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$2.execute(JobStoreSupport.java:752)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport$40.execute(JobStoreSupport.java:3628)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.executeInNonManagedTXLock(JobStoreSupport.java:3662)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.executeInNonManagedTXLock(JobStoreSupport.java:3624)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.recoverJobs(JobStoreSupport.java:748)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.schedulerStarted(JobStoreSupport.java:573)
             ... 91 more
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher$QuartzJob
             at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:212)
             at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:514)
             at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:408)
             at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
             at org.quartz.simpl.InitThreadContextClassLoadHelper.loadClass(InitThreadContextClassLoadHelper.java:74)
             at org.quartz.simpl.CascadingClassLoadHelper.loadClass(CascadingClassLoadHelper.java:118)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate.selectJobDetail(StdJDBCDelegate.java:897)
             at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.storeTrigger(JobStoreSupport.java:1138)
             ... 100 more

• 3. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Just to be sure I create again the tables for quartz using the sql script of the ver. 1.5.2, but I got no-change.

• 4. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B
                pdepaepe

Adding import org.jboss.seam.async.QuartzDispatcher; where the Asynchronous method is set will fix you classloader error.

Next step is:

11:27:15,026 ERROR [JobStoreTX] Error retrieving job, setting trigger state to ERROR.
                org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't retrieve job because a required class was not found: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation]
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.retrieveJob(JobStoreSupport.java:1031)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.triggerFired(JobStoreSupport.java:1818)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreTX.triggerFired(JobStoreTX.java:1286)
                 at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:308)
                * Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
                java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation
                 at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:514)
                 at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:408)
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                 at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:585)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1544)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1466)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1699)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1305)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
                 at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:1067)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                 at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:946)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1809)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1719)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1908)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate.getObjectFromBlob(StdJDBCDelegate.java:3873)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate.selectJobDetail(StdJDBCDelegate.java:956)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.retrieveJob(JobStoreSupport.java:1021)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.triggerFired(JobStoreSupport.java:1818)
                11:27:15,100 ERROR [ErrorLogger] An error occured while firing trigger 'DEFAULT.10cb4d60:114731fd10a:-7ffe'
                org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Couldn't retrieve job because a required class was not found: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation]
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.retrieveJob(JobStoreSupport.java:1031)
                * Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
                java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvocation
                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                 at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectInputStream.java:585)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1544)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1466)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1699)
                 at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:1067)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                 at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:946)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1809)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1908)
                 at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate.getObjectFromBlob(StdJDBCDelegate.java:3873)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate.selectJobDetail(StdJDBCDelegate.java:956)
                 at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.retrieveJob(JobStoreSupport.java:1021)

• 5. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

I think the issue here is that JBoss AS itself also uses Quartz for some underlying services (e.g., the EJB container). So, when you use the JVM property to point to a different quartz property file, the JBoss's built-in services got confused and refused to start.

What I will do is to search for a seam.quartz.properties file in the application local classpath in QuartzDispatcher. If it is found, the Quartz instance in Seam will use it. I will update this thread when this is done.

• 6. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Thanks for the answers.

Currently I am using Quartz "In Memory" recreating all the Jobs at the server restart reading the configuration from some application's tables: of course my custom tables, accessed by JPA, are very similar to those used by Quartz itself.

When it will be possibile in SEAM to use Quartz with DB persistence, does it already exist a library of JPA objects for the Quartz tables?

• 7. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Hmm, I am not sure why you need JPA objects for quartz persistence ... Can't you just run the Quartz SQL script against your DB, and then select the JDBC jobstore in the property file?

Of course, that requires me to implement the support for quartz property files in the Seam integration. But I do not see why we need JPA objects for Quartz. Can you explain? Thanks.

• 8. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

I'm making a control set program for an intranet scheduler.

The program allows to create a task definition (i.e. a name, a group, a Java class, a description, parameter definition with possibly default, required flag, ...), one or more Jobs for each definition (i.e. with different cron scheduling and different parameters).

It allows to control status (active/paused) of each job and of the whole scheduler, to see the log of each job and, if a job is running, to see its output in near real-time). More it allows to run other Job "one-shot" based on different values of terminating jobs.

I am currently using SEAM and JPA/Hibernate for the model. I'm using Quartz as the schedule engine with the in-memory configuration, so on application startup I have to read my model (using JPA) and recreate the active Jobs in Quartz.

I had a look to the table definitions of Quartz and I saw the they look very much similar to the tables generated for the persistent objects of my applications; so I wonder if it is not a waste of time/resources (if I use Quartz with DB configuration) using my custom tables when I could use directly the Quartz's ones. Just I'd like to continue using them by a persistent model (as I currently do) and not directly with JDBC.

This is the reason for I asked if Quartz already exposes a persistent model for its tables.

• 9. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

Pierospinelli,

Your task sounds like a little beyond the scope for our Seam / Quartz integration. We aim to provide Quartz as a backend for the @Asynchronous methods -- without the user having to invoke Quartz-specific APIs.

In your case, you do want to manage Quartz explicitly in your application.

However, if you think a JPA library for Quartz objects will be valuable, please raise a feature request in JIRA and perhaps provide us the JPA classes you already have. :) Thanks.

cheers
                          Michael

• 10. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

I would like to see something too. Building a frontend for quartz - or at least supllying some components to enable me to do so myself - would be immensly useful.

Regards

Felix

• 11. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

It sounds right.

Thanks Michael.

• 12. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

I created a raw sample in Jira:

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1869

I am not sure about how it is "SEAM oriented" (i.e. I use some custom EJB instead that the SEAM framework) but I hope it icould be a starting point to discuss about a scheduler interface in SEAM.

• 13. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B
                                  modoc

I am also having trouble with this error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.seam.async.AsynchronousInvoca
                                  tion

On a pretty basic Quartz usage.

I'm not clear from the rest of the thread: is there a fix for this? Or is persisting quartz jobs not supported within Seam? Would I have to go back to EJB3 timers to get persistence?

Thanks!

• 14. Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

modoc,

Persistence Quartz job store can be defined in seam.quartz.properties file in your classpath.

Please let me know if this does not work.

cheers
                                    Michael

1 2 Previous Next