1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2007 7:41 PM by antoine_h

supported-window-states ignored?

peter.coppens

Hello,

I am sorry this is such a basic question, but I have been looking at it for the last two hours and I can't figure it out.

I have a portal instance with portlet isolated in a separate war and have removed all but the normal window-state elements in the -object.xml file.

Unfortunately that does not change anything - the min/max icons are still displayed.

I have also been debugging the code (trunk) where this information is read and was somewhat surprised by the fact that the code does not seem to do anything useful.

It always seems to initialize all window states

public PortalMetaData()
       {
       modes = new ModesMetaData();
       modes.add("edit");
       modes.add("view");
       modes.add("help");
       windowStates = new WindowStatesMetaData();
       windowStates.add("maximized");
       windowStates.add("minimized");
       windowStates.add("normal");
       }

Anybody any idea what I could be doing wrong and/or can someone confirm that the window-state elements are indeed meant to disable the display (and function) of these min/max items?

Thanks,

Peter

• 1. Re: supported-window-states ignored?
          antoine_h

Hello,

I see the same problem (with portal 2.4).
          I have opened a JIRA :
          http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-1302

the PortalMetaData() code look strange.
          but I recall that there is something about the available portlet mode and/or window state in the portal definition.

I mean, may be those meta data are what the JSR-168 say to be the basic, by default, modes and states.

and the "supported" states are defined somewhere else.

anyway, the portal does not warn if we ask for a state that is not supported.
          and also the icon should not be shown...