4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 9:30 PM by patricklee

Jboss 5.0.1-GA Startup problem - Is there a way to solve it?

patricklee

Refer to "shailesh.dyade" post, Topic "JBoss Startup Failure -- please help".
      According to PeterJ, this is not an error - note that it is a DEBUG log entry. It simply means that CORBA will not be available.

Now my question is how can we resolve it, perhaps we can make Corba available, and how?

Precisely I wonder how can we resolve all those annoying "Debug log" or Exception like for e.g. the above mentioned and the following (just some of it)

2009-03-25 16:20:20,592 DEBUG [org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.JDBCSupport] (main) Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE JBM_USER (USER_ID VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, PASSWD VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, CLIENTID VARCHAR(128), PRIMARY KEY(USER_ID))
      java.sql.SQLException: Table already exists: JBM_USER in statement [CREATE TABLE JBM_USER]
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
       at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)

16:19:47,287 DEBUG [BeanMetaDataICF] Failed to get property value for bean: org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingManager, property: serviceBindings
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.metatype.api.values.ArrayValueSupport cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.Object;
       at org.jboss.metatype.api.types.ArrayMetaType.isValue(ArrayMetaType.java:356)
       at org.jboss.metatype.api.values.CompositeValueSupport.set(CompositeValueSupport.java:164)
       at org.jboss.metatype.plugins.values.DefaultMetaValueFactory.createCompositeValue(DefaultMetaValueFactory.java:487)

16:19:47,399 DEBUG [BeanMetaDataICF] Failed to get property value for bean: org.jboss.beans.metadata.plugins.AbstractBeanMetaData, property: properties
      java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property is not readable: propertyReplace for org.jboss.beans.metadata.plugins.AbstractPropertyMetaData
       at org.jboss.beans.info.plugins.DefaultPropertyInfo.get(DefaultPropertyInfo.java:131)
       at org.jboss.beans.info.plugins.BeanInfoUtil.getNestedTarget(BeanInfoUtil.java:78)
       at org.jboss.beans.info.plugins.BeanInfoUtil.get(BeanInfoUtil.java:142)
       at org.jboss.beans.info.plugins.AbstractBeanInfo.getProperty(AbstractBeanInfo.java:284)
       at org.jboss.metatype.plugins.values.DefaultMetaValueFactory.createCompositeValue(DefaultMetaValueFactory.java:471)

16:19:47,431 DEBUG [BeanMetaDataICF] Failed to get property value for bean: org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingManager, property: serviceBindings
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.metatype.api.values.ArrayValueSupport cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.Object;
       at org.jboss.metatype.api.types.ArrayMetaType.isValue(ArrayMetaType.java:356)
       at org.jboss.metatype.api.values.CompositeValueSupport.set(CompositeValueSupport.java:164)
       at org.jboss.metatype.plugins.values.DefaultMetaValueFactory.createCompositeValue(DefaultMetaValueFactory.java:487)
       at org.jboss.metatype.plugins.values.DefaultMetaValueFactory.internalCreate(DefaultMetaValueFactory.java:1023)

2009-03-25 16:20:20,608 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManager] (main) Failed to execute INSERT INTO JBM_ROLE (ROLE_ID, USER_ID) VALUES ('subscriber','john')
      java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint SYS_PK_49: duplicate value(s) for column(s) $$
       at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedStatement.java:249)
       at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManager.insertUserRoleData(JDBCJMSUserManager.java:198)
       at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManager.start(JDBCJMSUserManager.java:100)
       at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManagerService.startService(JDBCJMSUserManagerService.java:78)

• 1. Re: Jboss 5.0.1-GA Startup problem - Is there a way to solve
          jaikiran

"patricklee" wrote:

Now my question is how can we resolve it, perhaps we can make Corba available, and how?

Just to repeat - its just a DEBUG message. If you want Corba enabled, run the "all" server configuration:

run -c all

"patricklee" wrote:

Precisely I wonder how can we resolve all those annoying "Debug log" or Exception like for e.g. the above mentioned and the following (just some of it)

There is nothing to resolve in there :) Those are just DEBUG messages which you can ignore. You should be worried only if they are reported as ERROR (or sometimes WARN). More specifically, look at the console logs first to see if there's any errors - the server.log is too verbose (as you just saw)

• 2. Re: Jboss 5.0.1-GA Startup problem - Is there a way to solve
            patricklee

oh, thanks jaikiran for the Run All info.

Ya, I know all those Debug / Exception may not affect the AS to run as normal, just that I wonder is there a way to run it in a pretty clean way.
            Or is it every one out there running the Jboss 5.x version and having those annoying no harm "problem" and tends to ignore it?

I want something like what jaikiran suggest, run the "all" server config, to have the Corba enabled (so no more "CorbaORB is not registered Exception").

It it quite obvious that an existing record with the same constraint is exist, just that I dont know where to fix it. (That's why for e.g. I need some solution to avoid the attempt to INSERT a duplicate record, perhaps change of sql query or Java code to make a check before Insert)

2009-03-25 16:20:20,608 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManager] (main) Failed to exec
            ute INSERT INTO JBM_ROLE (ROLE_ID, USER_ID) VALUES ('subscriber','john')
            java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint SYS_PK_49: duplicate value(s) for column(s) $$

at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedStatement.java:249)
             at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManager.insertUserRoleData(JDBCJMSUserManager.java:198)
             at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManager.start(JDBCJMSUserManager.java:100)
             at org.jboss.jms.server.plugin.JDBCJMSUserManagerService.startService(JDBCJMSUserManagerService.jav
            a:78)

• 3. Re: Jboss 5.0.1-GA Startup problem - Is there a way to solve
              peterj

When the messaging service starts, it runs the DDL statements to create the tables it needs. If these fail because the tables already exist, you get these DEBUG log entries. I can think of two ways to turn them off:

1) Change the code to not log the messages

2) Change the logging level to INFO for the messaging loggers.

And to answer you other question, yes most people running JBoss AS simply ignore these log entries. In general, if the stack trace does not show up in the console log, it is OK to ignore.

• 4. Re: Jboss 5.0.1-GA Startup problem - Is there a way to solve
                patricklee

Thanks for the great info